Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2012 11:00

bottom right screen appears darker

I bought a Dell monitor E2311H3 on Friday Nov 23. everything was fine until this morning when i turned my computer on and the bottom right screen was darker then the rest of the screen. Please help me with this problem.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

November 28th, 2012 11:00

Hi pkris92,

The Display Settings menu allows you adjust the display setting of the monitor.Restore the default display settings.

Now run built in diagnostics once again on the monitor. Below steps would help you in running diagnostics:

1. Ensure that the screen is clean—the screen surface should be free from dust particles.
  2. Unplug the video cable(s) from the rear side of the computer or monitor. The monitor, then, goes into the self-test mode.
  3. Press and hold the 1st and 4th buttons on the front panel, simultaneously, for 2 seconds. A gray screen appears.
  4. Carefully check the screen for abnormalities.
  5. Press the 4th button on the front panel, again. The color of the screen changes to red.
  6. Check the display for any abnormalities.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the green, blue, and white colors on the screen.

Also, you can check the status of LCD display in safe mode (restart the computer and tap F8 on Dell logo and select Safemode). Check the status of display in safe mode.

If the issue persists, I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide order number and contact details so I may access your records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

November 28th, 2012 13:00

i have done everything posted above but still have the same problem.any other suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

November 29th, 2012 08:00

Hi pkris92,

We need to replace the Monitor. Kindly private message me the order number and the 20 digit alpha numeric serial number( at the back of the LCD which starts either with CN or MX).I would review your order and take the case forward.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!