Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2012 08:00

dell touchpad tp713

Well for my first Dell order, i am totally unimpressed.  delivery was good, after that it has gone down hill.  i have tried phoning dell, useless would describe that.  so i am trying on here.  but i cant seem to find a category for support on the dell touchpad, tp713.

i am trying to get the drivers for this. they are not available on the website, says file doesnt exist.  and so the product doesnt work properly, no multi touch gestures.

please someone know where else on the www they may be, or has them and is able to send them to me.

regards

Nick

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 12:00

Me too, just got this thing working, and it seems to do what it should. It's just the pointer speed is too slow! No drivers added by windows and nothing on the box :\ .

I'd be happy if it wasn't so slow!

3 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 13:00

Well I have managed to  get most of gestures working.

Think the sensitivity and speed need adjusting.

I would expect an item ordered from a large company like Dell. To work out of the box.

I.e. the drivers included. Or at very least available.

Guess where my new laptop is now not coming from.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 17:00

baten,

The Dell Wireless TP713 Touchpad does not require a standalone driver. It uses the native Windows 8 driver. If you see the device in the Device Manager under Devices and Printers, then Windows 8 has assigned it correctly. We do provide the TP713 Gesture Demo application and the Wireless Touchpad Agent for left handers found here. http://dell.to/Wh6X0s

3 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 18:00

As I said. File does not. Exist. Can't be downloaded. It's what I need.  

You should have checked to see if the link works. Think that about sums it up, as far Dell are concerned. Nevermind I'm returning it

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 18:00

I actually did check them. They downloaded just fine onto my Windows desktop from the USA site. I am in the USA running XP, Internet Explorer 8. I see from your IP address that you are in the UK. As a test, I went to the UK site. Both files downloaded. You either have an antivirus software or a browser setting that is stopping you from getting the files.

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 03:00

Worked for me. Thanks, Chris. Love this thing!

3 Posts

November 6th, 2012 07:00

How is sensitivity adjusted on Win 7? How does one contact Dell (non)support without a Service Tag number to ask questions?

5 Posts

November 8th, 2012 18:00

You Dont. Their script book says you must have service tag number. NO service tag number welcome to premium support that you have to pay for.....................

5 Posts

November 8th, 2012 18:00

I have had the same problem with this touchpad. Getting bounced from tech to tech no one knowing what  I was talking about. Finally after 45 minutes got one tech who said he could help me BUT WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE ME for the help. Yea great tech support there.  If you go to the support/driver page and then go to product support and pick from a list. Choose the tp713 and then look below for the tab that says drivers. I downloaded both drivers and still no Windows 8 gesture function.  So I returned it today and am buying the logitech one from the logitech website. And  I called Logitech tech support and asked if  I had problems would they help me configure for free. The tech laughed and said of course they would. I told him Dell wanted to charge for their own product. He laughed. 15 yr dell customer here but never again will I buy anything dell. Do yourself a favor and go with logitech they stand behind their products.

www.dell.com/.../dell-tp713-wireless-touchpad -------this is the link for the drivers good luck.

james

4 Posts

November 30th, 2012 05:00

FWIW, I just received my Dell Touchpad 713 that I'm using on a Windows 8 system and it works well.  The only problem I have with it is that it scrolls the opposite of any touchpad I have used.  For example, typically when you swipe in a downward direction it moves you down on the page.  With the Dell touchpad it is the opposite.  I have to move my fingers in an upward direction to scroll down.  Is there a way to change the direction of scroll?

Thanks,

PerryR

7 Posts

December 12th, 2012 10:00

As of now, no. You can't turn off the "tap to select," you cannot change scroll direction, etc.  Configurability is HORRIBLE, which is really odd considering that the touchpad on my Latitude laptop can be configured 8 ways to Sunday.  Basically, Win8 treats it like a mouse.  IMHO, Dell blew it by not having decent software day 1 for this.  If you want configurability, get the Logitech.

2 Posts

January 19th, 2013 17:00

The setup sheet that came with it, and the online manual (which was hard to find), and this post, Dell provides a "TP713 Gesture Demo". However, a search for that yields only this post. Where is it?

No Events found!