Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2003 16:00

flickering monitor

my monitor has been flickering for months, so far i have increased the refresh rate- that didnt work, i have also had 2 replacement monitors and it is still flickering, the lastest monitor was received yesterday the guy tested it and told me that it was my video card not my monitor,and to phone the support again and tell them this i phoned then and she was wanting to test the monitor again i eventually got it through to them that it wasnt the monitor so she then asked me to re-install the drivers from the resource cd but i have up graded from win me to win xp , so she informed me that i hadnt updated the drivers, i informed her that i had but i down loaded and re-installed them any way and it is still flickering, but support had closed by this time and it was closed when i got home from work to day can any one help

I have a Dell Dimenssion 4100 with a 17" monitor and a Gefource GTS 2 32mb video card

thanks

Dee

• 

16.7K Posts

November 21st, 2003 16:00

peacches1974,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Make sure that there are no devices next to or on top of the monitor that can cause a magnetic interference. Devices such as speakers, woofers, phones etc. Re-locate the system to another room to see if it is still flickering. If you have fluorescent lighting in the room it can cause a flicker appearance on the monitor. Having the video card replaced is also another option if nothing else works.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 21st, 2003 17:00

peacches1974,

I apologize for the run around your getting from Dell Support.In order to get the video card replaced you can email support@dell.com and list all the troubleshooting steps that you have tried and the monitor being replaced. They should then replace the video card. Let them know that you have had the monitor replaced a couple of times. Reinstalled the video card drivers with no luck. Be firm in telling them you need the video card replaced. Let me know if you were successful in getting in replaced.

November 21st, 2003 17:00

thanks forgot to mention that i had tried moving it and the only devices near it is my cable modem and my monitor speakers but they are at the other side of the desk.  I did tyr telling the technical support that i needed a new video card but she just kept reading from either the screen or the bit of paper she has in front of her and didnt listen that is whats so frustrating

Dee

No Events found!