Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2004 15:00

fp2000 vertical lines at native res.

Hi.

FP2000 (10 months old)

Radeon VE/7000 (installed latest ATI driver yesterday)

Running at 1600x1200(analog)

When I use this (the native) resolution, the display is not smooth.  There are very fine alternating grey/white vertical lines - and it looks "coarse" like a TV screen.  When I change the resolution to 1280x1024, the display is beautifully smooth like it should be.  Anyone have any ideas why I can't achieve this at 1600x1200?  The sharpness is there at that resolution, but the coarseness caused by those lines really look bad - I must get this fixed because I do image editing on this monitor.

Can other users of this monitor confirm that the smoothness (on a uniform colored background) is the same at 1600x1200 as it is at 1280x1024?  Or do you see those vertical lines too?

Many thanks in advance to any that reply.

-JR

3 Posts

March 15th, 2004 15:00

I neglected to mention that this started happening after rebooting following a power outage.  At first it looked really bad but I've managed to tone down the lines a bit but they are still quite apparent.  Any ideas?   Thnx.

5 Posts

April 10th, 2004 10:00

1. did you have surge protection

2. sounds like you had a voltage spike that may have either damaged your video card or the monitor itself.

3 Posts

August 8th, 2004 07:00

Hi,

read your messages about vertical lines. Have exactly the same problem after power outage. Did you resolve the problem en if so : how ?

Thanks

Mees Dekker (Netherlands)

3 Posts

August 11th, 2004 18:00

Dell replaced my monitor under warranty.  Funny, I did have a surge protector at the time so I didn't think it was because of the outage, but now I think that it probably was.  Dell didn't ask any questions so perhaps they are aware of the problem.  Good luck.

3 Posts

August 13th, 2004 16:00

Thanks for the reply.  With me; Dell also replaced it under warranty. Did ask any question either, zo it may be a know problem with this monitor. Excellent service by the way : a technician came to my home with a new monitor and replaced it. He even made all conections to computer and main power.

Good luck

4 Posts

September 10th, 2004 21:00

Mees,

You are on lucky basterd (Probably happend during the first year),
Mine broke done after two years, Istarted showing lines after being on hollidays for two weeks. (When leaving on holliday No electrical devices are connected to any powerplugs, so could not have been created by power outage or something)

I have allready received 5 replacements, refurbished once, but they all have some kind of problem.
Still waiting for mine to be replaced with a good one!!)

3 Posts

September 11th, 2004 08:00

Dear W. Isky

I guess I am indeed a bit lucky on this. Happened in the first year.

By the way : the first replacement I got, was gone in a week. It started off alright, but within the week the OSD did not work properly any longer. The problem even deteriorated : after closing down the computer, the screen stayed on ("Windows is closing down"  screen froze. The only way to get rid of it was to disconnect from power. Got a replacement again, with no questions asked. I have a perfect monitor now.

Good luck

Mees

No Events found!