Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2010 11:00

g2410 Packing - Did Dell send me a Refurbished and not NEW?

Received a "New" G2410 Monitor.  I was wondering if I Dell sent me a refurb?

This is how it was packaged.

Product Guide(not manual) and CD were loose.  VGA cord attached to the monitor.  All cords loose and not in bags, they did have twisties.  Cord ends were not protected for both the DVI, VGA and Power cable.  The monitor had a taped "quick install guide" on it.  No plastic protection film on the screen.

All this seems unusual for a "new" monitor.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 14th, 2010 05:00

So what was your conclusion?

January 14th, 2010 07:00

They called and emailed me and said they would replace it.  I asked about the way it's supposed to be packaged and received no response as of this reply.  It's a simple question and just want an answer.  If they did send me a monitor repackaged, it will make me think twice about future purchases... especially since I'll be in the market for a new Graphics Workstation soon.  I was thinking Precision or HP Z series.  I never had any issues in the past with Dell.  I still have my 2405 Monitor and it's performed well.   If Dell does package their monitors that way (now)... it's pretty bad compared to other manufacturers I've opened.  I discovered something else too.  I stated there was no plastic over the screen to protect it... but the Dell Logo on the back does have it.  Why protect the Logo and not the screen?

-scott

No Events found!