Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

May 15th, 2018 22:00

i1Pro + U2413 - Can't Calibrate

I recently upgraded my i1 Display Pro to an i1Pro, but now my DUCCS is stuck in Demo mode :(

I am able to perform the calibration until the very end, it just doesn't allow me to save the profile. 

Does my i1pro need to be licensed to use DUCCS? The documentation seem to state I only need a license for scanner / printer:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln299342/dell-ultrasharp-color-calibration-system-duccs-frequently-asked-questions-faq-s-?lang=en

I tried version 1.5.3, 1.5.8 and 1.6.1. I tried multiple USB ports (2.0, 3.0), also tried to plug the i1pro on the monitor side, back and directly on the computer. It never goes out of demo mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :-)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 16th, 2018 06:00

The five year old U2413 was only tested/validated by Dell with the X-Rite i1Display Pro colorimeter and DUCCS versions 1.0.0.0, 1.0.1.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.8. Open the U2413 DUCCS User's Guide. It specifically states, "This solution lets you get the best, most accurate, color possible with your Dell UltraSharp U2413/U2713H display when used with an X-Rite i1Display Pro Colorimeter.". Which is contrary to the other FAQ.

DUCCS 1.5.3 validated Dell monitors = UP3214Q, UP2414Q
DUCCS 1.6.1.2844 validated Dell hardware = Dell Canvas 27

You wrote, "I recently upgraded my i1 Display Pro to an i1 Pro". I do not see i1 Pro on their website? What specific colorimeter? Have you tried the following =

* Disconnect the new i1Pro from both the computer and the monitor
* Uninstall the Dell DUCCS software
* Reboot the computer
* Install the calibration software that was included in the new i1Pro box
* Reboot the computer
* Connect the new i1Pro to the computer as per its included instructions
* Attempt to calibrate

4 Posts

May 16th, 2018 15:00

Thanks Chris, I will try your suggestions tonight. I also found this piece from tft central, leaving it here in case it helps someone on the same situation:

You will see from the main screen shown above that the interface has changed. In the bottom right hand corner you can switch between basic and advanced modes, and now you can select whether you have an i1 Display Pro or i1 Pro/i1 Pro 2 device. We did find initially that the software was only listed in "demo" mode and was only capable of carrying out a software level profiling of the screen. It should detect the screen connected and show a green tick in the licensing section as shown above. If you get stuck please try: 1) connecting the screen to PC using the provided USB cable, 2) switch manually in the OSD to either CAL1 or CAL2 presets first, 3) make sure you've rebooted after installing the software first time, 4) disconnect your calibration device and load up the software, 5) plug in the device after the software is loaded. Hopefully this should switch to a green tick and allow a proper hardware calibration. You may also need to experiment with the software window being on different sides of the screen before plugging in the device in the last step.

calibration_software_2_small.jpg

Reference: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_up3214q.htm#calibration

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

May 17th, 2018 04:00

Use DUCCS 1.6.5 which is the latest version. Runs fine with my U2413, Windows10Pro and my i1d3.

You should use your old i1d3 for display calibration. DUCCS has proper spectral correction for your U2413 backlight. 10nm noisy readings form a graphic arts spectrophotometer like your i1Pro (or i1Pro2) are not up to the task. Also i1Pro is slower and DUCCS 1.6.5 takes much more readings in calibration stage.
The only valid use of such spectrophotometers in display calibration is to read a display's spectral power distribution with DisplayCAL in order to make a CCSS spectral correction. Even "matrix" colorimeter profilling with such spectros is not very accurate since their 10nm does not "see" the narrow spectral spikes in red of UP2716D backlight.
You did not "upgrade" to a i1Pro, you downgrade from an i1d3. Of course i1Pro is fine for printing profilling... it's mean to that.

P.S: to DELL, spectral corrections for UP series like UP2716D (bigger P3 gammut than GB-LED backlight) is still missing in 1.6.5. I've read in the internet hat Xrite has it and how to get them (HP) so you should update DUCCS with that to give best service to your customers.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 17th, 2018 05:00

yumichan,

As always, I appreciate your help out here! Do you have a direct link to DUCCS 1.6.5? Do the release notes for it state that it supports the U2413?

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

May 17th, 2018 07:00

I used auto-update feature in DUCCS but I remember that yo have to go to an Xrite server for newer vesions with a common pattern URL in version.

IDNK if relese notes included U2413 since they are accumulative. I mean that text said new native gamut support for 1.6.5. For each monitor support you'll have to go back in release notes till the version when one particular model was supported.

I works for my U2413 as all DUCCS have worked previously without "no USB communication" bug. And it improves gray calibration at last :Party:

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

May 17th, 2018 07:00

I found an old DUCCS' URL in the internet and changed URL pattern to 1.6.5.
It works: http://downloads.xrite.com/downloads/Software/DellCalibrationSolution/v1.6.5/Win/DellUltraSharpCalibrationSolutionSetup.exe

Pattern for future "X.Y.Z" release:

http://downloads.xrite.com/downloads/Software/DellCalibrationSolution/vX.Y.Z/Win/DellUltraSharpCalibrationSolutionSetup.exe

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 17th, 2018 12:00

I downloaded it, ran the EXE to see the release notes, unfortunately it does not state every Dell monitor that it supports. So I wonder if we can "assume" that once a monitor is validated, (example 1.5.8 specifically states that these Dell monitors are supported, UP3214Q, U3014, UP2715K, U2713H, UP2414Q, U2413), does that mean that every later version of DUCCS also supports those same monitors?

No Events found!