Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2009 23:00

lcd monitor power button light blinking

i bought this dell desktop in jan/feb 05. can't remember the model.

my lcd monitor could not be use suddenly, the power button light keeps blinking. Nothing is wrong with the computer as i could use it with another monitor. i tried using this lcd on another computer and the power button keeps blinking. so i supposed the problem lies with the monitor. 

anybody knows what happened to my monitor? is it dead already?

thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 10th, 2009 08:00

bluenemo,

* Turn off the monitor
* Unplug all of the monitor video cables from the back of the computer video card
* Turn on the monitor
* The floating red/green/blue/white dialog box should appear on screen against a black background. What appears on your monitor?

The monitor warranty expired on Jan/Feb 08.

2 Posts

July 13th, 2009 00:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.

I have unplugged all cables and the power button just blinks with nothing on screen. There is no dialog box as you mentioned.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 13th, 2009 06:00

It is defective.

2 Posts

November 7th, 2009 05:00

Hello Chris..I was glad to see your forum here in Dell coz I got the same problem that bluenemo has,I tried what you suggested here,I turned off the monitor,then Iunplugged all of the monitor video cables from the back of the computer video card and then I turned on the monitor,I saw the floating red/green/blue..What does it mean?Is there any chance that I can fix it myself or should I send my monitor to a technician?hope to hear back from you...Take care.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 7th, 2009 16:00

Does the power button light blink when running the self test?

2 Posts

November 10th, 2009 01:00

Yes,it blinks

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 10th, 2009 08:00

It sounds defective.

32 Posts

December 13th, 2009 07:00

Now I have the same issue.....................how was this ended?

Was the monitor dead and replaced or did it come back to life?

Mine began to blink and after a while with it unpluged overnite, it came backon for a day and then went dark with the blinking light.

So before I replace it..................................could you please share what you did or is it still blinking?

No Events found!