Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2012 21:00

1708FP, power save and cannot get it to display

My Dell LCD monitor 2007 Model 1708FP has gone into  power save; and I can't get the screen to display.

The indicator on the bottom right was amber;  after pushing the left bottom button, the bottom right light changed from amber to green; but screen now shows "auto detect digital input" and is otherwise black;  how can I get out of power save and get the monitor to display?

Cable from monitor to desktop [VAIO] is still attached and previously worked fine.

jlifland

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 31st, 2012 06:00

Hi jlifland,

Welcome to the Community.

I understand your concern and I see that you are not getting any display on your display.

Please follow the steps below to check for the problem.

1. Ensure Monitor is not in power save mode. (Press any key or move the mouse to wake up the system).

2. Disconnect video cable and perform the self-test and check for the floating box. The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains blue. Also, depending upon the selected input, one of the dialogs shown below will continuously scroll through the screen. If test fails we need to replace the monitor.

3. If tests pass, check for damages in the video cable (broken or bent pin) and ensure the cable is connected to the correct video source (Port). If cable failure then we need to replace the cable.

4. If no damages to cable, Ensure correct Input source on OSD is selected.

Please let me know if any questions.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Ravi_Chandra

Dell Social Media Responder

https://twitter.com/DellCares

http://www.facebook.com/Dell

3 Posts

July 31st, 2012 07:00

TO:  Dell_Ravi_Chandra Dell Social Media Responder

1. Ensure Monitor is not in power save mode. (Press any key or move the mouse to wake up the system).

MONITOR IS IN POWER SAVE MODE [I THINK]

I TRIED THIS, AND MOVING ANY KEY OR THE MOUSE DOESN’T WAKE IT UP

2. Disconnect video cable and perform the self-test and check for the floating box. The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains blue.

Also, depending upon the selected input, one of the dialogs shown below will continuously scroll through the screen. If test fails we need to replace the monitor.

RIGHT NOW THE POWER BUTTON IS AMBER AND SCREEN IS BLACK

WHEN I DISCONNECT THE CABLE FROM THE PORT,THERE IS A FLOATING 2: ANALOG INPUT SELF TEST FEATURE CHECK AND 4 COLORS – AND THE POWER BUTTON TURNS LIGHT GREEN

WHEN I RECONNECT THE CABLE THE SCREEN SHOWS

“2: ANALOG INPUT ENTERING POWER SAVE” WHICH THEN DISAPPEARS, AND SCREEN IS AGAIN BLACK, AND THE POWER BUTTON AGAIN AMBER

-I DON’T SEE A DIALOG CONTINUOUSLY SCROLLING THROUGH THE SCREEN

-DID TEST FAIL?

-HOW CAN I GET OUT OF THIS BLACK SCREEN AND HAVE THE MONITOR DISPLAY?

If no damages to cable, Ensure correct Input source on OSD is selected.

I THINK CABLE IS GOOD;  WHAT IS OSD?  HOW DO I ENSURE CORRECT INPUT SOURCE?

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH,  private information>   !!!!!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 31st, 2012 09:00

jlifland,

Let's backup. Is the 2007WFP connected to the desktop computer video card via the blue VGA or white DVI cabling?

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 08:00

TURNING ON MY SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK COMPUTER

MY DELL MONITOR SHOWS A TRANSIENT WHITE LETTERING WHICH CANNOT BE READ

AS IT IS TRANSIENT

THEN I SEE:

2: [ANALOG INPUT]  AND POWER LED SHOWS GREEN FOR A FEW SECONDS,

THEN IT GOES INTO POWER SAVE, SCREEN TURNS BLACK, AND

POWER LED BUTTON BECOMES AMBER

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2012 15:00

So the monitor self test passed. And you are connecting a blue VGA connector cable from the monitor to the computer VGA port?

No Events found!