Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2004 19:00

monitor warranty...

I will be receiving my system very soon!

One quick question: My understanding is that the warranty on monitors are for 3 years when bougth from Dell. Is this still true, even though I purchased the Dell warranty for my "system" for only the initial year? I assume it would be (logically), but just wanted to be sure

Thanks!!!

• 

17K Posts

June 23rd, 2004 11:00

volkicik,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Yes, if you bought the monitor with the system it will have a 3 year warranty.

1K Posts

June 23rd, 2004 16:00

This is actually a fairly recent (and sensible) change. Previously, the monitor would carry the system warranty (as little as a year) rather than the 3 year monitor warranty (as when purchased separately). I was "burned" by this in my first Dell system purchase nearly 3 years ago.

42 Posts

June 23rd, 2004 18:00

Thanks for the replies! Great to hear that the monitor will be covered for 3 years!

However, it does not look like all Dell representatives know about this. I initiated an "online chat" with a Dell support team member yesterday. I asked the exact questions and I was told that the monitor would carry the system warranty (which is 1 year).

Is this 3 year monitor warranty "written" anywhere?

Thanks again for the help!

June 23rd, 2004 20:00

I agree, it is not clear.  I have checked numerous places through out dell site and can only find that the warrantee is between 1 and 4 years. Not much help with that.  I had the same question about my monitor from dell and was told by one moderator and one tech support person that my monitor's warrantee was for only one year, but later same date the moderator came back and stated that she made a mistake and the monitor had a three year warranty..

It would be very nice if Mr. Dell would post the warranty for each item on its site so that all of us can easily read it and not bother the Moderator.  Maybe thats too easy

SR

Dell Dim 4400 ( Purchase June 2002 )
2.6 ghz (Upgraded from 1.7 ghz)
400 Mhz bus
512 Mb DDR 2100 Ram
Windows XP Home SP-2 RC-2
Roadrunner Cable modem
17 Inch Dell 1703 FP monitor
Dell sound bar for monitor
Microsoft firewall SP-2 RC-2
Nortons Anti-Virus 2003
Gainward Ti 4200, 128 Mb video card
USB 2.0 and 1.1
48XCDRW SAMSUNG SW-252S
Bios A06

42 Posts

June 24th, 2004 00:00

Well... it is 2 out of 3 now   Another Dell Suport Center representative told me that the warranty would be 3 years on my monitor after checking my order. She suggusted contacting "warranty department" to get it on a document. I may as well do that

Thanks again for the help Jesse!

1K Posts

June 24th, 2004 01:00

To check out the horse's mouth, go here and you will see that "[Dell-branded] Monitors carry the longer of either a 3-year limited warranty or the remainder of the warranty for the Dell computer to which the monitor will be connected."

June 24th, 2004 10:00

The site you gave talmy just says that you will have either a one, two or three year warranty, and does not state which one.  The site also states you must look at your packing slip for the warranty info, but my packing slip shows NOTHING as to the warranty..A catch 22 once again....Dell should put this very easy info on their site and on the packing slip.

PLEASE MODERATOR, PUT A FIRE UNDER MR. DELL OR WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE THESE DAYS....

SR

Dell Dim 4400 ( Purchase June 2002 )
2.6 ghz (Upgraded from 1.7 ghz)
400 Mhz bus
512 Mb DDR 2100 Ram
Windows XP Home SP-2 RC-2
Roadrunner Cable modem
17 Inch Dell 1703 FP monitor
Dell sound bar for monitor
Microsoft firewall SP-2 RC-2
Nortons Anti-Virus 2003
Gainward Ti 4200, 128 Mb video card
USB 2.0 and 1.1
48XCDRW SAMSUNG SW-252S
Bios A06

Message Edited by Thirdrockfromsun on 06-24-2004 07:37 AM

• 

17K Posts

June 24th, 2004 12:00

volkicik,

If the monitor is attached to the system then the monitor warranty is good for the length of the warranty on the system. If you only purchased a stand alone monitor then, the warranty is good for 3 years.

Message Edited by DELL-Jesse on 06-24-2004 08:21 AM

1K Posts

June 24th, 2004 13:00

Thirdrockfromsun,
you didn't read the warranty page far enough. It says:

"This limited warranty lasts for the time period indicated on your packing slip or invoice, except for the following Dell-branded hardware: [...]
Monitors carry the longer of either a 3-year limited warranty or the remainder of the warranty for the Dell computer to which the monitor will be connected."

Emphasis mine.

Dell-Jesse,
The warranty has changed. You are citing the old warranty.

Message Edited by talmy on 06-24-2004 07:21 AM

1 Message

August 1st, 2012 09:00

Jesse -- I went searching for a related question, and you appeared to be helpful here in the past, so I thought I would ask... There is a statement above that says "Dell-branded monitors have a 3-year warranty," when purchased alone.  What about Samsung?  I see a Samsung monitor in the Dell online store, but it doesn't show the warranty.  The model number is "CB15-S27A650D-LED".  Is this also a 3-year, or other length warranty?  Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 2nd, 2012 07:00

lennycorps,

We do not know the specifics of non-Dell warranties on our site. The non-Dell monitors will carry their own manufacturer warranty. My guess is it will be on the order process once you start it.

No Events found!