Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 25th, 2004 17:00

part number for dvi-vga dual monitor on nVidia 128 MB DDR Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

Hi,

I just ordered a Dimemsion 8300 with nVidia 128 MB DDR Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, but forget to order the dvi-vga dual monitor cable.  Call Dell today and get transfer around for 5/6 times and no one know what I"m talking about.  If any one had order this cable with the system, would you be kind to post the part number for this cable.  Dell listed Sku and Product Code, but appearantly, none of the sale people can search for it, all they wanted is the part number.   thanks.

Below is the actual Descriptionfrom Dell

Dual Monitor Support:   DVI-VGA Adapter to connect 2 CRT Monitors to dual capable Video Card   2TI4600   [320-0456]    130

1K Posts

February 26th, 2004 21:00

There is no "DVI-VGA dual monitor cable". The card alone will support either a single VGA, a single DVI or both a VGA and DVI together (dual monitor). The option is an adapter (not a cable) that plugs into the DVI jack and allows having two VGA monitors.

This might help you get the part you want. You can also search on Google for "DVI to VGA Adapter". I found a company I buy from Provantage, will sell them for $10.45 shipped. Or you try EBAY. Looks like about $7 shipped on numerous "By It Nows".
No Events found!