Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2009 17:00

problem with dell monitor

i have a dell lcd 22 inch monitor and the top part of the screen went very light and the rest of it is normal. does anyone know how to fix this?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 19th, 2009 19:00

poeno,

Does this appear in safemode?

Open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display)  and run the Factory Defaults.

8 Posts

April 20th, 2009 07:00

i did not know that the monitor can go into safe mode and i did reset to factory settings and that did not help. thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 20th, 2009 07:00

I meant when you boot the operating system into safemode, does the monitor still look light on top.

* Turn off the monitor
* Unplug the monitor from the computer (ALL cables)
* Plug the monitor power cord directly into the wall socket
* Turn on the monitor
* The floating red/green/blue/white dialog box should appear on screen against a black background. How does it look?

8 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 07:00

there is a black background but at the top of the screen it turns lighter (black) and the colored box is perfect until it gets to the lighter part of the sreen and it becomes blury. the dell sign at hte top becomes very light blue and all the words on each color are blured to where you cannot read it. the colors are there but at the edges the colored box is blury.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 22nd, 2009 09:00

* Please post a picture of this issue:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/

8 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 15:00

i tried to fix the color on it so you wuld be able to see it, but if you notice the bottom half is darker.

8 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 15:00

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 23rd, 2009 11:00

If under warranty get it replaced. Technical Support will need the following information -

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: Fails STFC (Self Test Feature Check). List the specific failure

8 Posts

April 23rd, 2009 12:00

i already tried to get them to help me and they wont they say they will not help me without those numbers yu talked about and i gave them every number on that monitor. i have been trying to get this thing fixed for about july last year i bought it last year in april.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 24th, 2009 05:00

I need the following sent to me in a Private Conversation -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason:

8 Posts

April 26th, 2009 12:00

how do i start  a private conversation

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 26th, 2009 21:00

Click on my username, make me a friend so we can talk back and forth via Private Conversation.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 30th, 2009 12:00

Check your email.

8 Posts

April 30th, 2009 12:00

ok i did that but i dont know how to start a private conversation. i forgot to give you some info when i added you as a friend.

No Events found!