Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2013 07:00

"out of range signal" in a Dell 2007FP monitor

So, here's what hapenning: this week, out of nowhere my monitor started showing me this message: "Out of range signal. Cannot display this video mode, change computer display input to 1600x1200 @ 60mhz".

Now the real picles in this situation: I've been using this monitor, in this very same settings since 2008 when I first bought it. There's no support for this model anymore as there are no more drivers available in the Dell website. Native Win7 64 driver was working pretty fine untill this week. The only workaround I found so far was unplugging the DVI cable and plugging it back until monitor works again. Restarting the monitor (power button hold for 5 seconds) also works. I've uninstalled the monitor driver and reinstalled it, no success.

I'm considering a DVI cable malfunction, even though there's no aparent wear or damage to it.

And just for the records, I'm on a Nvidia GTS 250 card and using the latest nvidia driver, and Win7 64bits.

So, any ideas on what can be done?

Thanks a lot!

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

March 12th, 2013 11:00

TRY A NEW CABLE.    I swapped cables, DMS59 dongles, and monitors, and the problem followed the DVI cable.   Replaced the cable, and it hasn't happened since.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 19th, 2013 06:00

Gustavo Kaufmann,

Reinstall the video card driver, reboot when done. Retest.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

February 20th, 2013 10:00

Same problem. Except for me I'm using AMD FirePro 2460. Win7-32. At home I have THREE 2007fp's, driven from the 2460. At work I have another THREE 2007fp's, driven from another 2460. Both the home and the work setups have had this problem intermittently. Out of the three monitors, only one is afflicted; the other two are always fine. Since I'm using AMD/ATI, and you Nvidia.... that somewhat rules out the GPU. Please post if you find a solution.

February 23rd, 2013 09:00

Thanks for the reply Chris. Strangely enough, the same sudden way this problem started it also dissapeared. I haven't reinstalled anything or rebooted the monitor, nothing. It's been around 5 days this problem stopped. Anyway, I'll try reinstalling the video card drivers next time. Thanks a lot!

March 12th, 2013 11:00

Well, the problem returned :( I then upgraded my Nvidia drivers to the latest version 314.07 but it still doesn't work. So, the upgrade drivers option doesn't seem to be a workable one. Any other ideas?

March 24th, 2013 20:00

I'll try exactly that, all the software solutions didn't work so I'm gonna try hardware. I'll get myself a new DVI cable and see what happens.

May 23rd, 2013 11:00

Seems like my problem was solved by replacing the cable. Dell in Brazil does not sell just the cable, so I ordered one from DealExtreme. My monitor has been working nicely for the last three days with no episodes of the dreaded signal error message.

1 Message

May 19th, 2015 17:00

Hey, I have recently purchased a HDMI to DVI cable hoping to use my Xbox 360 on this monitor (2007FP). The same message comes up "Out of range signal. Cannot display this video mode, change computer display input to 1600x1200 @ 60mhz". I would geuss this means that the monitor cannot handle HD? Once again, I purchased this cord today.

No Events found!