Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2013 13:00

s2340t defect?

4 Posts

June 9th, 2013 13:00

I thought I was making progress calling in but was placed on hold and then hung up on .. I purchased a s2340t through microsoftstore.com on 25jan and have begun to notice something behind the touchscreen glass and infront of the panel starting to slowly creep into the viewable area of the monitor.  as I sit at my desk, can no longer see the white 'x' of a maximized window .. if I change viewing angle I can see behind the obstruction (see pics below).  since it's been over 45days and I can no longer exchange through microsoftstore.com (just returning from a deployment .. I left 2wks after receiving the monitor), what are my options?  I can provide further purchase details .. just let me know where or to whom. 

thanks in advance for any info, your time and help... -Jonathan

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 10th, 2013 08:00

otn79,

The monitor does not have a service tag number so you cannot transfer it from the store to yourself. Did they give you some sort of invoice that discussed the warranty?

Is the desktop resolution set to 1920x1080 60Hz?

Have you tested both HDMI and DP (DisplayPort)?

Open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display) menu- Other Settings- Factory Reset- Reset All Settings.

If still not fixed, boot the computer into safemode, then back into Normal mode. Did it correct itself?

4 Posts

June 10th, 2013 11:00

the site's customer support passed me to dell's support center when they found out it had been longer than 45days.  I have the packing slip as well as the order verification email.  I was making good headway (only 2hrs on the phone) up until got put on hold and lost the call.  what does dell offer in terms of manufacture defect coverage?

the monitor is set to the res/refresh rate in your post .. all inputs show the same thing (xbox plugged into HDMI and XPS plugged into DP) .. factory reset and safemode did nothing.  

btw, since my original post, it appears to still be creeping downward .. looking straight-on, I know only have 3pixels(height) of the red close button visible.  if I look up from the bottom of the monitor to see 'under' the obstruction, I see more of the red close button w/ white 'x' .. the pixels are there and working so I don't think it's panel, soft/firmware related.  it appears to be a physical obstruction .. perhaps a gasket of sorts between the lcd and glass.  

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 10th, 2013 12:00

Since you did not purchase directly from Dell, follow these steps -
* Contact Dell Order Support for your country. They will need to contact the Dell Tag Team through internal Chat WHILE you are on the phone with them. Provide the following information to the Order Support representative so they can feed the data to the Dell Tag Team via Chat:
Brick or Online Store =
Purchase date =
Monitor Model =
Monitor 20 digit PPID alpha-numeric number =
[Your]
Email =
Name =
Shipping Address =
Phone =
* The Tag Team will then attempt to create a unique Dell Order number tying you to the monitor PPID number. Once done, the Order Support person can then setup a like for like monitor exchange

4 Posts

June 10th, 2013 14:00

appreciate the info.  one last question if'n you got a moment .. we'll be moving in a couple weeks and living with family while our new house is set up.  does the exchange process move along pretty well and/or will dell mind shipping the replacement to an address other than the one originally shipped?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 10th, 2013 15:00

The address we will have on file is from the original seller, not you. So just give them your new address.

No Events found!