Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2011 01:00

u2711 is "locked"?

I just bought u2711 a few weeks ago. Everything is going fine until today. When I pressed the contoal panel (the last button just above the power button) on the right hand side of the LCD display to change the input method, there is a "LOCKED" symbol displayed in the centre of the monitor. How can I to unluck my u2711 display?

Thank you very much

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 14th, 2011 09:00

That means you selected an invalid input. Select another one or use the Scan button. Make sure the computer and any peripheral selected are ON. Check your monitor manual: 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

September 7th, 2012 20:00

No, this doesn't actually help.  With the display locked, you cannot select a different input.  In my case, the display is expecting a DVI connection, but my laptop only have HDMI.  Because the display is locked, I'm stuck.  So the original question remains:  How does one unlock the display?

I find nothing in the operating guide to explain this.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 8th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

To unlock the display of u2711, press and hold the Exit button (X) for 15 seconds. This has to be done because the LCD has an HDMI connection.

Follow the below mentioned steps for proper HDMI connection:

1.Press the Menu button.

2.Use the navigation buttons and select “Input Source”.

3.Select HDMI input using the HDMI connector. Select the HDMI input source.

Please reply for further help.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 8th, 2012 05:00

k7vi,

The U2711 User Guide (http://dell.to/QtRjcO) states, "When the OSD is locked, touching the menu button for 15 seconds will unlock and allow user access to all applicable settings.". If that doesn't work, press and hold the Exit button (X) for 15 seconds.

No Events found!