Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2013 23:00

u2713hm backlight bleed

• I've had this monitor for a week or so now. Was so excited and couldn't wait to use it, until I noticed the backlight bleeding. Im not a tech expert by any means but it is quite severe. I can't comprehend how a monitor that costs $800 can have such a problem. Ive never experienced this problem before with any monitors I've used. It is also concerning that Dell does not consider this to be a fault, which it clearly looks like. When sitting this expensive monitor next to my laptop (which has no bleeding) is looks horrible. Is it worth trying to get a replacement monitor or should i get a refund? or any other suggestions?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 13th, 2013 04:00

Hi Lundy1,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to have pictures of the monitor backlight bleeding so that I could assist you further.

3 Posts

May 13th, 2013 06:00

thanks, here's a pic

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 14th, 2013 15:00

Hi Lundy1,

I would like you to send the pictures of monitor in normal lighting condition as we do not validate our monitors in a dark room. We use standard office lighting. Dell monitors do not have 100% backlight uniformity specification. As long as the center 2" circle meets our manufacturer specifications, it is acceptable. If the Brightness and Contrast are maxed to 100 and you measure the brightness difference of any two points on the monitor, the difference will never be greater than 25%.

3 Posts

May 14th, 2013 17:00

Here's a photo in a very lit up area.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 15th, 2013 13:00

Hi Lundy1,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please send me a private message with the below details so that I could assist you in replacing the monitor. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

Name:
Service tag:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Better time to reach you:

Please let me know if this helps.

May 16th, 2013 23:00

Hi,

I've got the same issue - very very similar case, I just got the monitor yesterday from a local retailer (in which I waited 9 calendar days before to get it in stock).  

Will be returing the set for a refund. That is because I am not sure even the replacement set will have the same issue. :(

No Events found!