Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2011 07:00

After upgrade of NetWorker Client software to ver. 7.6 Stream Serve module doesn’t work any more

After upgrade of NetWorker client software from 7.4 to 7.6 our Streamserve System (one module of it) does not work any more. With old NW client vers. 7.4  this module was working fine.

Stream Serve Supporter is troubleshooting this issue, and in order to encircle existing trouble, he asked for list of files that were changed by the installation of new NW client ver. 7.6.

His idea is that the new NW client 7.6 is using the same resources/system files as a Stream Serve.

How can I find out which files were changed after upgrade of NW client software

-----

Software upgrade was done as following:
Old NetWorker client (various versions 6.1 ~ 7.4) were uninstalled

\Program Files\NSR directory was removed

NetWorker 7.6 client software installed .

736 Posts

February 18th, 2011 00:00

Hi,

The best source of information on what has changed between the versions of NetWorker is in the Release Notes:

NetWorker 7.5. Release Notes

NetWorker 7.6 Release Notes

You might also be able to narrow it down a bit by trying with NetWorker 7.5 client version to see if that works.  That way, you'll just have one set of new features to read through to see which one might explain this change in behaviour.  If you don't find anything from that, tell us more about what exactly this module of Streamserve is doing and what's not working and maybe someone will be able to figure out what could be causing this.

-Bobby

February 18th, 2011 01:00

The Networker installation files are in \nsr, unless StreamServe also uses this as a directory it is unlikely that an uninstall of Networker will remove any files relevant to StreamServe.  I guess it might be feasible if something went wrong something could go missing from the PATH environmental variable but I can't think of anything else that could get affected by the install.

What are your syptoms with StreamServe - does it fail to start or once started does it have issues?

18 Posts

February 18th, 2011 16:00

I am not au-fait with Stream Server - but it may be worth checking which TCP/UDP ports it is configured to use and whether Networker is now using one of these. The 7.6 client pack includes the HomeBase agent which, if started, uses port 18821. Also you may have limited the Networker client service port range on 7.4 and lost this setting during the upgrade.

March 19th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

As this issue been fixed ? I am facing a similar problem. When the Networker client is installed on the Streamserve server, I am getting a "Runtime..." error message and the Streamserve module is not working anymore. I have to completely uninstall the Networker client, in order to have Streamserve working again.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx.

No Events found!