Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 21st, 2015 04:00

Autoselect Storage Node

Has anyone tried the "Autoselect Storage Node" option in NW v8.2 ? I saw the general description of it in the release notes, but does it randomly choose the storage node (if multiple listed on the client) per entire saveset, or per item in the saveset?

reason why I'm asking is, we added a new Netapp cDot cluster to our backups, with the cluster using node-based NDMP backups (1x tape drive assigned to each node). I was hoping this option would help out in spreading the cluster client's saveset over both NDMP storage nodes when backing up the saveset

here is the only thing I've found on this option from the release notes

"Autoselect storage node attribute added to NMC 
The Client resource and Client Configuration Wizard contain a new option, Autoselect storage node, which enables the NetWorker server to automatically select a storage node for use during a backup or recovery. When you enable this option for the NetWorker server’s Client resource, a clone operation will use this option if the clone operation cannot use the storage node specified in the Storage node resource."

40 Posts

May 21st, 2015 06:00

we are already at 8.2.1.2.Build.764 on the server

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

Then you should be fine.  I personally do not plan to use it as I want to make sure my streams use desired site devices (and with DD used, I even do not need multiple storage nodes - it is far better to have multiple backup servers as VMs instead).

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

I'm not sure if this option applies to NDMP (even if DSA) backups, but there were some early bugs associated with that feature so if you use it, you wish to use one of the latest releases which contains the fix.

No Events found!