Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

September 11th, 2011 12:00

Autostart with Networker datasource is not coming online

Hi Guys, I am having problem with the Autostart with Networker. Currently I have installed the autostart with two agents in a domain. The platform for the installation is Redhat EL5.4x64. The networker resource group is created and also avialable in the autostart console. The IP is online but the shared data source is not coming online. I have used the iSCSI disk device configured for the shared networker resources. Can anyone help me how to resolve this issue. The problem I feel is that after the reboot the LVM partition is not active and I have to manually make it active using the lvchange command but by that time the disk resource is already failed. I am trying to also find a way to make it active during boot as well. Maybe someone help me with that.

334 Posts

September 13th, 2011 05:00

Hi Furqan,

What is the version of Autostart and NetWorker?

Also, is the issue shared data not coming online after reboot or at initial state of configuration?

Give the following a try:

Once the NetWorker Resource is created, from the AutoStart Console, under the Shared Disk Datasource, manage the drive/disk on both nodes.

Verify that the Datasource works correctly (Online/Offline) before bringing the NetWorker resource Group online.

From command line run the script nwinst.sh once from the /usr/sbin/ path on one of the node and verify Script executed successfully.

This creates the IDinitialize file in the nsr/res directory on the Shared NetWorker resources. Once this is done, try to bring Shared NetWorker resources online from Autostart console.

Thanks,

Allan

No Events found!