Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2013 02:00

Backing up VM hosted on a hyper-v server

Hi All,

How could we achieve to backup a VM hosted on a hyper-v server? If NMM is the only way then could we take a snapshot of the complete VM i.e some sort of image level as is in ESX?

I understand NMM cant do a snapshot of a virtual machine hosted, maybe i am wrong.

September 24th, 2013 21:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "NetWorker Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

1.2K Posts

September 25th, 2013 02:00

NMM supports both image level and granular level backup for Hyper-V VMs like VMware VMs.

Detailed info, please check NetWorker Module 2.4 SP1 for Microsoft Applications Application Guide

1 Attachment

25 Posts

September 25th, 2013 03:00

Thanks a lot Tim... appreciate your response.

1.2K Posts

September 26th, 2013 19:00

It was my pleasure.

Can you please mark my reply as Correct Answer or Helpful Answer so others who have the same question can easily find the useful information? Thank you.

No Events found!