Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2017 06:00

Backup failing for an SQL server with Cannot login to Default instance

Hi,

When i start the module networker user for SQL server i am getting an error on the initaial screen. I have couple of clients experiencing same issue. Out of blue this issue got started.

I am getting below errors on Client 1 & 2 respectively when launching Networker user for SQL Server.

1. 37692:nwmssql:createinstance failed on connection object in nsr/db_apps/bsmsql/nsrsqlado.cpp line 1002

2. 67945:nwmsql: Cannot login to SQL Server Default Instance.

Note: I am able to login to SSMS using Generic credentials. So Generic Credentials are working fine. And no changes were made from DB team end.

I tried all troubleshooting steps, checked configurations, Uninstalled & reinstalled Networker applications on client.

It dosen´t matter what I do, I am still getting same error. We are using a Generic NT account to login to DB instances.

Windows event viewerlogs and SQL error logs writes the following

I found an error as "Cannot connect to resdb database" for Source Networker.

Windows 2012

SQL 2016

NMM 8.2.1

Networker Client version 8.2.1

Networker Server Version 8.2.4.2

14.3K Posts

March 22nd, 2017 07:00

Ah wait... you also say SQL 2016... isn't that you need NMM 9.x for that?

26 Posts

Hi,

As Crvelin mentionned, the SQL Server 2016 is only supported with NMM 9, you can check on the compatiblity matrix :

http://compatibilityguide.emc.com:8080/CompGuideApp/getCompGuidePage.do?productVersion=8.2

We had similar issue, as we didn't open the Networker User for SQL with admin rights, so i'll suggest to try to open the tool  with "Run as Administrator"

Good Luck

14.3K Posts

Did you try to check if SYSTEM user has sysdba permissions and make backup over that? (which means without any user specified)?

No Events found!