Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Rookie

• 

82 Posts

January 19th, 2021 10:00

CLONES FAILING

Hi everyone (months ago opened this thread  )  In our enterprise we have two networker  sites with same tape library  (separeted KM away).

After  of the update from NW 9.1 to NW 19.X  the cloning process still failing  every month, the tapes not loading (and the solution is restart de server or de service nsrctld.exe), then we start a manual cloning process .

Anyway we opened a ticket with Dell at this day, no solution. They said that the issue is on the tape library, but probability that both failed at the same time is  low.

So come here to know if the more experienced admins/operators have a clue about  this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

2.4K Posts

January 19th, 2021 13:00

Just to clarify - are both NW servers sharing the same tape library or does each NW server has its own library?

In case of sharing - how do you ensure which server controls the jukebox?

1 Rookie

• 

82 Posts

January 20th, 2021 02:00

Sorry , my mistake, twins arquitectures @bingo.1 . Independent  of each other.

2.4K Posts

January 20th, 2021 03:00

Looking through your old thread again, I do not think that this is a hardware problem. It does look as if the software somehow looses track of the library's status due to a 'timeout issue'.

Unfortunately, I do not have a straight answer. However you should ensure that the server's option 'Disable RPS Clone' has been checked.

Besides that I can do nothing else but to encourage you to use manual (scripted) cloning anyway. There are a lot of benefits you will get, especially the independence of the cloning processes from any other workflow. And with Powershell, cloning such scripts are much more flexible to configure. If they fail, you can easily retry them.

1 Rookie

• 

82 Posts

January 20th, 2021 04:00

Hi @bingo.1  thanks for answering (as always) . Well both sites "Disable rps" was checked. And before this issue i used my custom script for cloning, sendind a lot of cloning resquest with no issues, but now  i have this big problem. Same result with scheduled workflow and manualy cloning using GUI.

Well thanks

1 Rookie

• 

82 Posts

January 20th, 2021 07:00

i found this error

Dsantibanez_1-1611154934327.png

the log shows me this error. but i cant find that path.

NSR notice 5 %s %s 2 0 24 01/20/21 02:20:10.743955 0 194 ERROR generated: "Unable to set user privileges based on user token for SYSTEM on paipoteres: Security token has expired." in file "D:/views/nw/19.2.1/nsrwebui/modules/nsm/gt_server.c" line #170

2.4K Posts

January 20th, 2021 11:00

GST (short for GEMS Station) represents the original name for NW NMC which still exists due to compatibility issues. So NMC and GST represent the same functionality.

The 'gstd log' file actually means the ...\Management\GST\gstd.raw file

I wonder why this error occurs but I would not bother - it points to a total different area (NMC/GST) which is not involved into library control. I would look through the daemon.raw file although I do not really know what to look for - as I said, there might be a timeout involved. So you might find an entry that somehow points to library control.

1 Rookie

• 

82 Posts

February 24th, 2021 05:00

UPDATE: dellmec told us that we have to schedule an update to an  higher version of NW Server.

March 9th, 2021 04:00

which version were you running and what version was proposed?

wrg to the NMC memory issue, is NMC running on the same system as the NW server? NW requirements wrg to memory is ever increasing. So you might want to look into how memory consumption is doing? How much do you have?

No Events found!