Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2018 04:00

Cannot create Boost-Device on new DataDomain

Hi All,

I have a brand new Data Domain 6300 which was installed and configured successfully.

But I now have trouble configuring a Boost-Device from the NMC-Wizard. After entering the credentials of the boost user I get the message:

Retrieving statistics for "/nw_server" failed [5034] ...time and date... ddp_stat () failed, Path //nw_server, Err: 5034-nfs lookup failed (nfs: Permission denied)

Has anyone experienced such behaviour?

My NetWorker is 9.1.0 and the DDOS is 6.0.2. DDBoost is licensed and enabled. The boost user was created after the procedure in the admin guide.

I searched support.emc.com and found KB490462 (https://emcservice.force.com/CustomersPartners/kA2j0000000RE0HCAW) where the error message is pretty much the same. But I dont have any data on the DD, so the resolution could not help me.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

beacon

2.4K Posts

February 20th, 2018 07:00

Verify that the user is listed for the m-tree with the commands found in the document.

Use    ddboost storage show    to do that.

Now, I do not know what will show up if there is no m-tree yet.

If this is true, install one via the DD admin GUI and assign the user here.

Then try to add the user to the mtree (with an 'admin' role).

85 Posts

February 20th, 2018 07:00

- The mtree created for MFR on the secondary Data Domain was created with the name of the NetWorker server by a user other than the DDBoost user creating the device

- NetWorker needs to create an mtree with the name of the NetWorker server when writing to Data Domain. If done manually, there could be an issue.
- The Data Domain will only allow the owner to write to the mtree.
- Rename the mtree
--- The current owner of the mtree is not changed and can still access the existing data
--- Simply changing the mtree owner to the DDBoost user will create issues with accessing the existing data

- Creation of the device in NetWorker will create the mtree on the Data Domain properly with the DDBoost user as the owner

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

February 20th, 2018 20:00

beacon ,

Run the following command and see if the backup server name is listed in the output.

ddboost clients show config

If it is not then add the server t othe client list using the following command.

ddboost clients add backup_server_hostname backup_server_FQDN

48 Posts

February 20th, 2018 23:00

Thanks, everyone.

Is was a mix of everything. The mtree of the NetWorker server was created due to the failure. But the permissions were wrong. So I corrected them. And also was the boost user locked.

Now it's working correctly.

1 Message

February 16th, 2022 03:00

Hi:

I have the same issue. But checked mtree and user and everything seems ok.

Any idea?

Thank you!

No Events found!