Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2016 10:00

Changing VCenter Server on EBR

. We are currently running Networker 8.2.2.3 with EBR 1.1.2.8.  We are planning on upgrading to VCenter 6. When we do this we will not be upgrading out current environment but creating a new one.  So if I migrate the current EBR to the new VCenter and register it with the new Vecenter I know i will lose jobs but will i still be see and restore data from previous backups.  If so how can i do this and not lose the ability to recover any data previously backed up? 

Thank you

February 8th, 2016 16:00

Hi nrgreen, It is better not touch the original EBR. You must create a new EBR for the vCenter 6 and possibly leave the old vCenter, but failing that you can use "Direct to host recovery (Emergency Restore)" witout vCenter.

You can use the procedure "Recovery from a secondary site" to restore VMs between vCenters

References:

Direct to host recovery (Emergency Restore), pag 91

https://support.emc.com/docu57703_NetWorker_8.2_SP1_and_later_VMware_Integration_Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Recovery from a secondary site, pag 109

https://support.emc.com/docu57703_NetWorker_8.2_SP1_and_later_VMware_Integration_Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Best Regards.

February 10th, 2016 00:00

Hi nrgreen,

We have done exactly the same Job as you one month ago.

The only solution was to create new EBR Appliance in the new vcenter and migrate the old one to the new vcenter. The old Appliance have to still online in Networker and in vCenter to be able to restore old backed up datas.

External Proxy can be removed.
However, the old EBR Appliance didn't have anymore Policy configured on it.

In that way, when doing a restore, you are able to choose the old Appliance to do a restore for old Backed up data (see attachment)

Once all backup are expired, you can decomission and remove the old appliances.

Hope it's help.

1 Attachment

21 Posts

February 10th, 2016 06:00

Thank you Gregorie.  I thought that is what would have to be done and it is good to see someone who has done this.

June 30th, 2016 05:00

Gregoire,  how did you migrate the old vcenter to the new? 

June 30th, 2016 06:00

Hello,

We build a new VM, new vCenter, and migrate all VM from the old one to the new one

Cheers

No Events found!