Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 15th, 2014 03:00

Clone all the savesets in a backup savegroup session

HI,

I know that I can use mminfo to find ssid to clone from a start time to an endtime.

There is a way to "isolate" all the ssids in a backup session? There is such information in the mminfo fields?

Can I use jobquery to understand savegroup start/end time and then, based on this info, querying mminfo?

Should be a good option to insert into mminfo fields a "session" field for all the ssids included in a savegroup, to make the query easier.

Could you please give me a hint for a shell script to do this job?

Thanks in advance

PierPa

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 15th, 2014 04:00

If you wish to clone all backups from group run, simply enable cloning at group level.  Manually, you can run query against group and obtain ssid list which you feed to nsrclone.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 15th, 2014 05:00

You don't need jobquery - mminfo is all you need.

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

May 15th, 2014 05:00

Hrvoje,

I cannot use the "after savegroup" clone functionality, therefore I have to run a script separately, Did you suggest to use jobquery+mminfo as I posted in my original question?

PierPa

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

May 15th, 2014 06:00

Hrvoje,

as far as I know, from mminfo I cannot understand the start/end savegroup time. This is the reason why I think I need someting else to know which timeframe I have to use to make the right mminfo query. Suppose I run the same savegroup twice in a day; I have to understand the time limits of each session to clone only the ssids I need.

Do you agree that shoud be a goog idea to include in the index/media database something like a session id tor each ssid?

Pier Paolo Frassino

Tel. +39 335 5787697

Lungo Dora P. Colletta, 81

10153 Torino, Italia

www.solve.it

mailto:pierpaolo.frassino@solve.it

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 15th, 2014 06:00

mminfo -avot -q group=group -r "name,client,sscreate(20),sscomp(20),ssid,cloneid,copies"

Based on timestamp you will see it when it run.  Based on number of copies you will know if it was cloned or not.

No Events found!