Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2007 07:00

Cloning NDMP savesets from VTL to Tape

I recently purchased a bunch of SATA disk from EMC for the purpose of VTL. The backups to the VTL work flawlessly (NDMP). Now I want to clone the savesets off to physical tape. How do I do this? The NS502 connected directly (via fibre channel) to the jukebox is also configured to backup via NDMP. This is how I previously backup to the jukebox over these 2 drives (ait-4). Any suggestions?

The Networker team is having me try to do a manual clone with the command nsrndmp_clone -vvv -S xxxxxx

I get the error nsrndmp_clone: error, Check clone storage nodes for the client xxx.

I labled a tape and put it in the default clone pool. I'm trying to keep it simple until I can at least clone something successfully.

1 Message

February 29th, 2008 19:00

If you haven't found a resolution to this issue yet, I believe your answer lies in the Client resource of the NDMP device. Under the globals 2 tab, make sure whatever system (node) you are performing the cloning on (this should be whatever system controls the jukebox arm) is listed as a clone storage node.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

March 11th, 2008 07:00

If your NDMP savesets go to NDMP filer that this client would be storage node - thus you need to define clone storage node for it. You will also need "backup clone" type pool for that and some tapes inside for clone to be successful.
No Events found!