Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2007 03:00

Configure Local Agent

I want to export the Nw instance but it seems that i have not enough privilege to do that: "Not enough privileges to view this attribute"
I'm domain admin and I also have the same problem if I logon to the backup server as local Administrator.
Any ideas?

best regards
Manfred

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 4th, 2007 05:00

I'm not sure what are you trying to export nor how, but what you say seems to be typical permission issue. You will need to add username you use to admin list in NW.

2 Intern

• 

215 Posts

October 4th, 2007 06:00

Sorry, my question was wrong:
What I wanted to do:
"Exporting local host credentials
To export local host credentials:
1. From the Administration window, click Configuration.
2. Open the Local Hosts folder.
3. From the Local Hosts list, right-click the NetWorker server and select Configure
Local Agent.
NetWorker authentication 441
NetWorker Client Management
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. From the NW Instance Info Operations attribute list, select Export.
6. In the NW Instance Info File attribute, enter a directory and name for the
credential file.
7. Click OK. A credential file is saved to the location specified."
When I do that the message is:
"user Administrator on machine xy.domain.local is not on administrator list"

but when I look at the NSR ressource i see:
user=Administrator,host=xy.domain.local

Thanks four your help.

96 Posts

October 4th, 2007 07:00

May be you have to add the user "Administrator" on xy.domain.local to the Administratorslist on the client you want to export the credentials from.

Peter

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 4th, 2007 07:00

For that you need to update admin user from server to be on each NSRLA admin list of client. Right now I do not see any reason what would make me do that. Also, if you don't use nsrauth (highly recommended) that you simply do not need to pay attention to local host resources.

2 Intern

• 

215 Posts

October 5th, 2007 01:00

I wanted to use "nsrauth" but if you say that it is hightly not recommended I won't do that.
Thanks for your answer.

96 Posts

October 5th, 2007 01:00

Where is your problemn with nsrauth?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 5th, 2007 04:00

I don't have it as I don't use it. :D Those who had change their mind afterwards and examples can be found on this forum too.

724 Posts

October 5th, 2007 12:00

And of course, if you open ANY case with support, the first thing they will tell you is to disable nsrauth and try again. At least this happen to me all the time. :)

96 Posts

October 6th, 2007 02:00

So EMC-Support is the problem with nsrauth??
I can't imagine that all problems are caused by nsrauth.

Peter

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 6th, 2007 12:00

Not all of course... but auth mechanism happens for almost all operation performed by nsr processes and if something is broken there then you may end up with broken functionality on many fronts. I have to be honest and say that I have no idea how stable and good nsrauth is in recent versions, but realistically I didn't see much work in the background on that subject so I don't expect much improvement.
No Events found!