Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 16th, 2005 10:00

Configuring & Backup of MSSQL 2k client using Networker

Hello,

My environment uses L700 Jukebox share (using ACSLS) between 2 UNIX servers. Clients are Windows & Unix.
Networker is version 6.14.

Need help with the following:
I have MSSQL module for Networker installed on server and client (W2k3). I have configured Client for scheduled backup but backup failed with the following errors:

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone 5 retries attempted
* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone save: using `MSSQL:SIEBELDB_Clone\' for `mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone'
* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone save: cannot stat MSSQL:SIEBELDB_Clone\: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone save: save of mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone to nhqsncc3sm.bionet.org failed

--- Successful Save Sets ---

nhqsncc3.bionet.org: index:dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net level=full, 6152 KB 00:00:04 145 files

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

Just put nsrsqlsv in backup command and that should work.

All modules, SQL one included, require backup command to be filled. Otherwise NetWorker will handle this as flat file system backup. Since there is no file system saveset with name of your SQL instance it will fail. However, when backup command is nsrsqlsv that that command will be executed instead of save.exe and it will know how to interpret saveset defined in your client resource.

4 Posts

It worked!!!!

Thanks for your time.
Now I have to restore to confirm.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

What is your backup command? Is it set?

4 Posts

Hcrvelin or others,

what does this mean (in highlighted)?

--- Successful Save Sets ---

* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone [2624] 12/16/05 18:48:13 Backing up of SIEBELDB_Clone succeeded.
* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone
* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone
dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net: mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone level=full, 62 MB 00:00:14 1 file(s)
* dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net:mssql:SIEBELDB_Clone [2624] 12/16/05 18:48:13 Skip building named instance directory because there are no named instances installed or running on this machine.
nhqsncc3.bionet.org: index:dstipsqltst02.archq.ri.redcross.net level=full, 6153 KB 00:00:02 147 files

4 Posts

No, I did not set the command.
I saw it in the manual but wasn't sure if I need it.

should the command be:
nsrsqlsv -s nhqsncc3 SIEBELDB_Clone

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

December 16th, 2005 11:00

My poor understanding in this case is that you have Default instance and no additional SQL instances installed. Thus, message where building a directory (I guess index) of named instances was skiped.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

December 16th, 2005 11:00

I'm not sure what exactly "named instance" is, but if you put it in Google you find few matches. I guess someone close to SQL would know this much better. Message is just note/warning that named instance does not exists on your client.

If you need one, check following:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/howtosql/ht_install_259u.asp

Message was edited by: hcrvelin
No Events found!