Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 16th, 2015 08:00

Custom Notifications

Hello,

As I understand it, Networker uses pre-configured notifications that have limited customization options. For example, if a savegroup fails, the "Savegroup Failure" notification will fire off. All it does is send an SMTP message with the output of the backup error, with a very specific subject, to the backup team.

I would like to have the subject line contain more information about the failure, to know where the failure happened without even opening the e-mail. So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to include syntax into the "action" section of a notification to pull data dynamically? For example, instead of a simple "Savegroup has failed" subject, it could read "Savegroup has failed (savegroup name)"

2. If this is not possible, then can it be done by script via post command?

Thanks in advance for your help!

14.3K Posts

December 17th, 2015 07:00

3 Posts

December 17th, 2015 06:00

Hi Hrvoje,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Could you provide me with a bit more details please?

14.3K Posts

December 17th, 2015 06:00

Yes it is possible.  You need to capture log (eg. via cat), parse for whatever you want it and send that out.

December 17th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Using custom notification you can fulfill your requirement. All you have to do is to create a custom notification, select event as savegrp and Priority as per your choice and in the action filed you can keep some script to full fill your requirement. Now its depend on you how much granular level debug message and information you want to keep for the failure.

notification.png

Thanks,
Shubhadip

3 Posts

December 17th, 2015 08:00

This helped a lot, thank you both!

No Events found!