Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2013 08:00

DDBoost 2.5.2.x

I am currently testing DDOS 5.4.0.6 which comes equipped with DDBoost Library 2.5.2.x but my networker version is 8.0 SP1. I seem to be having issues with a alert stating "Waiting for DDBoost.003 on networkerserver" meaning that my volume is not ready. Yet the volume is ready. you can access it, but its managed by a storage node. I have two other volumes that are managed with client direct. I want to know if anybody else has this issue and if it could truly be a compatibility issue between my data domain and networker

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 17th, 2013 12:00

I'm not sure this DDBoost issue at all.  There is a bug when NetWorker misinterprets where device should be and this is fixed in latest release of patches.  Your issue sounds exactly like that.  Try to install 8.0.2.3 and try again.

1.7K Posts

October 21st, 2013 06:00

Hi,

Do you have configured "automedia-management" on the DD devices?

I agree with Hrvoje, this is not DDBoost issue.

Thank you,

Carlos

4 Posts

October 21st, 2013 07:00

Hrvoje Crvelin, currently upgrading to 8.0 SP2 isn't an option as we are testing to upgrade to 8.1 but that will take some time but thank you

CarlosRojas, I do not have that enabled, what exactly does "automedia-management" do to the SN DD devices?

1.7K Posts

October 21st, 2013 07:00

Hi,

In this particular case, automedia-management will prevent for devices to get unmounted, and should improve the behaviour you are referring to.

Give it a try please and let us know the results.

Regardless of this issue, what version/build are you currently running on NW server and SN's?

Thank you,

Carlos

4 Posts

October 30th, 2013 20:00

I have attempted to turn on automedia-management for the SN DD devices. This did not help the issue. So we have decided to convert all SN Devices to client direct devices.

Thank you for the help

No Events found!