Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2010 06:00

Did savepsm parameters change in 7.61?

I recently switched to 7.61 on Windows from 7.6.  The former backup command to run was savepsm with a save set of  NMCASA:/gst_myservername/lgto_gst.  That now fails and the error messages describe a completely different set of command parameters.  I just want to verify that I need to change the parameters and if anyone has an example that might help also.

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 07:00

I answered my own question.  Yes, the command format did change.  There is a new manual of commands that can be found here --

https://powerlink.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/btg548664833igtcuup4826/km/live1//en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/300-011-328.pdf.

The -I parameter, on a windows box, should be something like "d:\program files\legato\management\gst" depending on the drive letter if you used the defaults.

November 3rd, 2010 08:00

Is there any chance you can paste the updated command entry here as some of us do not have access to the Networker 7.6 documentation?

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 08:00

Once I get it debugged I would be glad to.

It worked when run from the command line as a client initiated backup, but I cannot get it to run as a scheduled job from the server in the manner it worked under 7.6.

Here is an example of the command run in a cmd window as a client initiated job --

savepsm -I"D:\Program Files\Legato\Management\GST -lfull

The first parameter is a capitol eye, the second is a lower case el.  They look the same in many fonts.

It returns the file names that were saved as well as the command itself.

When run from a server, with "savepsm" as the backup command on the Apps & Modules page and the parameters in the backup saveset field, which is how it ran before the change, the job fails every time with the message "Probe job had unrecoverable failures, job is being abandoned."  This is not a probe job in the first place, so I think the job message is incorrect.  I wish their documentation would give a good example of usage.

No Events found!