Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2015 09:00

EBR default root and ssh credentials

Running ESXi 5.5 cluster, using EBR appliance version 1.1.1.46 (This download was listed as Networker 8.2 sp1). OVA deployed using all default settings and using static IP.

I cannot find the default password to access /ebr-configure/ anywhere. Default username is root, but there was no point in the OVA deployment where I set up a password (I've been through the OVA deployment 3 times so far and the only settings I am asked to specify are the network settings. I also cannot find the credentials listed in the documentation I've read (document 57703 is the deployment guide I've followed).

This is not an update, this is the first EBR OVA I've set up in this environment, so if it was supposed to pull from a previously existing version there wasn't a previous appliance for it to pull from, and it didn't warn me of this during any of the setup procedures.

Lastly, a note: Chrome and Firefox both refuse to access http:// :8580/ebr-configure/ reporting issues with security. They report connection closed or refused. IE is the only browser I can connect to the device for configuration, and that is only after I tell it to ignore the security certificate issues. This isn't a show-stopper for me, but it would be nice if the appliance web server were updated to use correct and standard web security practices that allowed it to be accessible from modern and secure browsers.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

April 22nd, 2015 14:00

If you put EBR OVA password in Google search you get something like:

ecn4.JPG.jpg

Is that the one you are looking for?

April 22nd, 2015 15:00

Your google-fu humbles me. I searched and got that very PDF result a dozen times with different similar searches, but didn't open it to find the suggested password. Thank you.

No Events found!