Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2017 05:00

EMC NMC Login problem

Dear All

we are using networker v8.0.2 and unable login to networker management console NMC with error message "Connection refused connect"

kindly provide solution for the same

many thanks in advance

2.4K Posts

October 5th, 2017 06:00

-  Do NW server & NMC server run on the same host?

-  Are you trying to logon locally or remotely?

4 Posts

October 5th, 2017 08:00

Yes Networker Server and Networker console run on the same machine, and we are trying to login locally

Thanks

17 Posts

October 5th, 2017 10:00

Hi  -- I am understanding that you have checked all of your services and they are all running --

Networker Remote Exec Service  etc....

I have had a similar problem before ---

like rebooting the server --- this should start all of the services as you well know...

The other thing is -- you could do is execute the "change" option on the Networker application from Add/Remove.  Sometimes this fixes the broken communication on the console.

If all else fails.... I have done a re-install over the existing --- a change should fix it --- however, in some instances I have had to do this in the past.

Be careful not to uninstall anything.. or delete anything.  Change should find all of the instances and restore them.

4 Posts

October 6th, 2017 08:00

Thanks for your reply, However I tried the procedures you described but the issue remain same. Should I uninstalled Networker console on another workstation? kindly support

thanks

14.3K Posts

October 9th, 2017 02:00

You can reinstall it on the same box, but if you already restarted gstd (or the box) I suspect that might not help much as something else must be blocking it.  Did you check NMC logs for any hints?

18 Posts

October 11th, 2017 22:00

Did you verify all core Networker processes running? such as nsrd, nsrsnmd, nsrmmd etc?

If core services running, You can check back-up status with command line tool nsrwatch

If nsrwatch working without error, possibly connectivity issue.

4 Posts

October 14th, 2017 01:00

Hello

problem : Login to NMC

Error msg : connection refused

Services: EMC GST gstd  not running even after restarting the server

tried repairing the networker software in control panel does not resolve the issue..

2.4K Posts

October 16th, 2017 14:00

My personal guess is that the alias 'localhost' cannot be resolved.

Another solution:

- de-install NMC

- delete the NMC directory path

- re-install NMC

17 Posts

October 17th, 2017 10:00

Sorry for a delay -- I have been trying to study up on some Networker Microsoft Module stuff.

So.... have you tried to go to the services and Starting all of the Services for EMC GST your self?  Then try to launch the console again?

With out our DB connected to the console you are not working as intended.

The very last alternative would be a fresh install --- however, you can get around a few things.  Once you uninstall everything from the Add/Remove --- Then go to Program Files and find your EMC Networker directory and rename the NSR directory to nsrold ... or nsr2017.  This way you are able to keep your database .... I know for me I have too many clients and deleting my DB would be really bad and very painful.

if you really do not care about the settings then a fresh install is always good. 

No Events found!