Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

1 Rookie

• 

34 Posts

May 11th, 2021 09:00

EMC Networker 19.4 (Windows) - Automate deployment (groups, policies, workflows)

Can anyone advice on how to automated Windows EMC Networker 19.4 deployment.

I'd like to automate the creation of groups, policies, and workflows, and documentation or examples would be highly appreciated, ideally with PowerShell.

Many thanks!

2.4K Posts

May 11th, 2021 11:00

You can prepare appropriate text files for the CLI administriation interface nsradmin.

The 2 core steps are:

- prepare the appropriate text file

- run nsradmin -i inputfile.txt to create the resource

This is easy and of course you can also prepare and run everything from PowerShell.

More details on how to use nsradmin can be found in the Command Line Reference manual.

You will also find some examples in the internet.

WARNING

-  Simple resources like clients are easy

-  Due to the nature the creation of policies and workflows will become a nightmare (IMHO)

Good luck...

2.4K Posts

May 11th, 2021 12:00

Essentially, just copy the commands that you would use when you run nsradmin interactively. You will find examples in the command line reference but also in the internet. Just google for nsradmin. Here are just some links:

https://nsrd.info/blog/2019/01/15/basics-using-nsradmin-with-networker-policies/

https://www.dell.com/community/NetWorker/how-to-query-client-OS-type-using-nsradmin/td-p/6964514

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/de-de/000021262/networker-how-to-leverage-networker-nsradmin-program-utilities?lang=en

1 Rookie

• 

34 Posts

May 11th, 2021 12:00

Thanks for the reply.

Can you give guidance or examples of what would go inside inputfile.txt ?

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

May 11th, 2021 22:00

January 9th, 2022 22:00

This is the body of action I am using to create an action.

$body = "{
`"autoStartEnabled`": `"false`",
`"description`":`"NA;`",
`"enabled`":`"True`",
`"name`":`"Moon`",
`"protectionGroups`": [`"TestPG`"]
}"

I want to create an action by the name Moon and the name of my protection group is TestPG.

When i run this query it is giving me no error but I am not seeing any action on my GUI.

Someone please help me out so that I am through with this task

January 9th, 2022 22:00

Hi All,

By now I have automated creation of Workflow, integration with clients, protection groups, policies but I am not able to create actions using powershell. I am using holdmybeer link and crazyrov videos to get my job done but seems that it is not enough. Can someone guide me on how to create an action using Powershell which uses Networker api. I need to automate the creation of actions as well.

It would be really great if someone comes up with a solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Piyush Verma

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

January 10th, 2022 00:00

@piyush_automation, did you try this

PUT /nwrestapi/v3/global/protectionpolicies/Engineering/workflows/
ClientProtection
{
"actions":[
{
"name":"Backup",
"actionSpecificData":{
"backup":{
"backupSpecificData":{
"traditional":{}
}
}
}
}
]

January 10th, 2022 01:00

Hi @crazyrov This is not getting the job done. Can we have a more detailed discussion to improve my query.

Your insights are really helpful.

Thanks

January 17th, 2022 23:00

Hi @VictorGh ,

I have automated the exact thing you have mentioned above. Which country are you from and what help do you need.

The above mentioned things are automatable and can be automated using the Networker Rest API. You can take help of the official document available on google and you will get a fair idea of how to build queries for this purpose. Generally you will be required to use Put and Post method to achieve this automation 

No Events found!