Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2018 15:00

EMC Networker 9.1 - Monitoring of the failed backup

Hi Everyone

I'm new in the Networker world and I would like our IT Operation team be notified when a backup job is failing immediatelly from Networker.

In Avamar, you can customize a profile and select which type of events you would like to see. Also you can deliver this information to an email or send a snmp trap or send an event log directly to a remote Syslog server.

Do a similar solution exist in Networker 9.x ? I would like to stay away from snmp trap and prefer to use logs or Rest API.

85 Posts

September 7th, 2018 06:00

Yes - you can set the on failure, on start, and on completion notices.

128 Posts

September 13th, 2018 11:00

Hi,

You can obtain more details setting the notification at backup action level.

Regards

2 Posts

September 14th, 2018 09:00

Hi

Could we call python script or bash file ?

Could you share any examples ?

128 Posts

September 17th, 2018 05:00

Hi,

I don't know if you can execute that action at this point. 

To build email notification at action level:

smtpmail -s subject -h mailserver recipient1@mailserver recipient2@mailserver...

Regards

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 17th, 2018 11:00

I would prefer to have them send over an email as Polska22 mentioned. But if you need to call a python script, you need to provide the command to call the script in the "command" text box.

Eg : To set it up for an Action,

Start the Policy Action Wizard by going to Action ( Under Protection - Policies - Workflow - Actions )  ->  Properties  ->

Next -> Next -> (Specify The Advanced Options) ->

Notifications -

Send Notification :

•                                    Command            : < python python_script-name>         and complete the wizard.same way you can set up notification for a policy and Workflow. Admin guide will give you more info.
No Events found!