Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2010 20:00

EMC Networker Lab

Hallo.

I  tried EMC networker 7.6 in the lab, I do not have a storage node that  has the tape nor iSCSI.

How to backup data to local hard disk?

thanks in advance,
Andarwen

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

October 5th, 2010 22:00

hi

you can create advance file devices or file devices , and provide path for the device as the local hardrive

you should also have trail license for backup to DISK enabler code

regards

mohammad hantash

177 Posts

October 6th, 2010 15:00

Nice way to show the answer Steve.  Very cool!

78 Posts

October 6th, 2010 15:00

Hello,

I just created a very short video on how to do this with 7.6, pre 7.6SP!

https://community.emc.com/videos/1238

With 7.6SP1 there is a new wizard that makes this much easier.

Take a look at this and let me know if it helps. You'll need to log into the ECN to view the video.

Cheers,

Steve

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

October 6th, 2010 22:00

did our reply help

12 Posts

October 7th, 2010 03:00

Hi Steve, its very good.. thanks for sharing

12 Posts

October 7th, 2010 05:00

Thank you so much, the replies really helpful and I've been able to make a device using a local hard drive.

However, I got a little problem, when I want to do manual backups on the client and click the start button, the backup just halt forever.

Specification :

Backup Server :

Windows XP SP3

EMC NetWorker 7.6

Storage Node : local hard drive (c:\test_dbo)

Run under VMware Workstation

Hostname and IP mapping using "hosts" file

Backup Client :

Windows XP SP3

EMC NetWoker Client

Run under VMware Workstation

Hostname and IP mapping using "hosts" file

Regards,

Andarwen

3 Attachments

12 Posts

October 7th, 2010 05:00

thank you for the replies and video.

78 Posts

October 7th, 2010 16:00

I should mention as well...it is not a good idea to place this AFTD on your root or C: directory as it WILL fill up at some point freezing your system. I suspect this may be causing you grief if you are backing up the client and it is the same as the server. A FULL backup of the entire file system to a directory on the same file system may be problematic . You should create a device on a partition separate from the root directory.

Try doing this, if you can, and make sure the AFTD's disk large enough to hold the FULL and and INCR you may run against the host client.

Also, send me a screen shot of your client configuration screen for all the clients in the group you are backing up.

I'll try to help diagnose.

Cheers!

Steve

12 Posts

October 9th, 2010 05:00

Hi Steve, thanks for the replies.

I've tried a few days but still can not do the backup. Here I am trying to attach my video lab for the EMC NetWorker.

Thanks a lot,
Andarwen

1 Attachment

12 Posts

October 9th, 2010 06:00

Hi Abuhantash, thanks for the reply.

I've made security permissions become "everyone full acces" (LAB ), but the problem still the same.

Excuseme Abuhantash, I still do not get it, about making the devices local to the  server, I think d: \ backup1 already local to the server.

Thanks a lot,
Andarwen

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

October 9th, 2010 06:00

we ba3deen ma3ak

sorry for being late , I was so busy

well it seems you trying to backup VM cleint to VM server , are you trying to make the device local to the client ,

try to make the device local to the server and see the result after checking the security permession

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

October 9th, 2010 15:00

check the aliases of the client , is there FQDN , put it  in the alias list of the cleint  , also put the names in hosts at server and clleint

also can you access the folder remotly and write on it , when you access it from remote cleint does it ask you for user name and passsword, if you are workgroup it should ask you , just enter the user name and password and save them , ????

good luck

12 Posts

October 10th, 2010 07:00

Hi all,

I  have been able to do backup now, it turns out yesterday I have not  assign the media pool to the data source and target device.

Thank you very much all and happy labbing,

Andarwen 

2 Attachments

No Events found!