P

August 23rd, 2013 00:00

Exchange 2010 backup previously succesful now fails

Hello all.

Networker server 7.6.4

Networker client 8.0

Module nmm_241.Build.92

Exchange 2010 in stand alone mode.

When i first configure it works fine, but after some days the backup starts to fail.

I have check the configuration on Networker but nothing have changed since exchange backup working.

The error that i receive is the following:

-------------Start Error-----------------------------------------

NMM .. Starting Backup. This operation may take a long time depending on the size of the data requested.

82296:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. Operation unit failed with error 'Error encountered in remote agent for unit id :256, ErrorHandler invoked'.Possible cause: 1)Unsupported file system or 2)write-protected disc or 3)No space on disc or 4)Drive not found

NMM .. Error backing up one or more of the file system savesets: NMM .. Operation unit failed with error Error encountered in remote agent for unit id :256, ErrorHandler invoked.

64038:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. Error creating NetWorker backup of snapshot: NMM .. Operation unit failed with error Error encountered in remote agent for unit id :256, ErrorHandler invoked.

63372:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM .. Registration of snapshot set failed -- NMM .. Operation unit failed with error Error encountered in remote agent for unit id :256, ErrorHandler invoked

77175:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM ..  completed commit replica with status of false.

63335:nsrsnap_vss_save:NMM backup failed to complete successfully.

Internal error.

68151 1377239193 2 0 0 6020 6684 0 exmailbox01.central.root.alpha.gr nsrsnap_vss_save NSR warning 39 nsrsnap_vss_save: Exiting with failure. 0

APPLICATIONS:\Microsoft Exchange 2010: Backup of [APPLICATIONS:\Microsoft Exchange 2010] failed

------------------End error------------------------------------------

Already check:

hostnames

client configuration and dummy entries

Already do

restart networker client and clear tmp directory

restart exchange server

Any insight from everyone that may face something similar??

I understand that the reason that backup starts to fail may be something that have change on exchange server, but from the exchange administrator view nothing have changed.

Thanks

326 Posts

August 25th, 2013 18:00

do you get any output by running nsrsnap_vss_save -vvv -? on exch server

it should list all MXDBS to backup

August 26th, 2013 07:00

Hello Thierry101.

When i first setup the client they have left the default exchange database so the backup failed because of this fact (data and log in the same directory).

I have run the command nsrsnap_vss_save -vvv -? and take the export valid save sets and put them in the client configuration and thats the way the backup was succesfull.

I have open a case at support for this so i will inform you about any solution.

1.7K Posts

September 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi Alexandros,

I would recommend to check the following solutions:

https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_BreakFix_1?id=kA1700000000VCH

https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_BreakFix_1?id=kA1700000000Wef

Are you using Data Domain devices/Client Direct?

Do you see any application crash in WER? You can check it by navigating to the following path on the client:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER

Check both Active and Queue folders and sort by date. Find if there is any nsrxxx related folders or files.

Also check Application and system event logs.

Thank you,

Carlos

September 12th, 2013 04:00

Hello Rojas.

With the initial setup of the client backup i had setup as backup target device a DDBoost Data Domain device (5.2.2 code).

As part of initial setup i had set as NSR_ALT_PATH the directory C:\\Temp.

During the action to solve the problem i had set up as NSR_ALT_PATH the F:\\ which is the disk that exchange data resides.

When we setup as NSR_ALT_PATH the a folder in disk (F:\\mnt) the backup was successful.

I have also to add that upgrading Networker server to 7.6.5.1 may be a way to solve the problem but because those two things happens at the same time i cannot say for sure.

The good thing is that Exchange backup now works.

Thank you for your time

3 Posts

October 19th, 2015 20:00

Hi,

I see below errors in ~nsrbragent.exe and says application caused Networker to stop. What can cause this?

3 Posts

October 19th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

I see below errors in ~nsrbragent.exe and says application caused Networker to stop. What can cause this?

1.7K Posts

October 20th, 2015 03:00

Hello lokesh3011

Are you referring to a new issue? If so please create a new thread for it.

Thank you,

Carlos

3 Posts

October 21st, 2015 01:00

Hi,

Its for the same issue.

Kind Regards,

Lokesh Kapoor | Storage Engineer | India | Travelex

www.travelex.co.in| 8130688066| Extn: 9332

1.7K Posts

October 21st, 2015 05:00

Hi Lokesh,

Can you please develop a bit more in the error message you are referring to?

Is it a crash of nsrbragent? If so that would require a case opened with support so that the core dump can be analysed, as that could be caused by multiple situations.

Maybe attaching the nmm.raw file from the client could help as start point.

Thank you,

Carlos

February 24th, 2016 00:00

Hi , where can i modify or add this parameter?

Thanks

1.7K Posts

February 24th, 2016 02:00

Hi Valentin,

What parameter are you referring to?

Thank you,

Carlos

No Events found!