Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2012 02:00

Hotadd recovery problem

Hi,

Im getting a error when i try to recover a *FULLVM* backup using hotadd transport mode through Proxy VADP (networker 7.6 SP2). When i power on the virtual machine after recovery, i get

"CID mismatch error: The parent virtual disk has been modified since the child was created" 

error and the virtual machine doesnt power on. If i change transport mode to nbd, everything its fine.

i ve read that it could be the VDDKs libraries but im not sure how to update it.

thanks in advance,

best regards,

Victor.

August 21st, 2012 08:00

Also here is some information about the performace of a VADP backups with transport modes

The capacity of the backup proxy can be broken down into two main areas:

1. VADP data path:

This is the path that the backup data created by VADP will follow during the backup lifecycle. The VADP proxy server accesses backup data using the configured network transport mode.

2. NetWorker data path:

The VADP proxy can also be a NetWorker server, client or storage node. To maximize backup throughput, the VADP proxy should be configured as a storage node so that client data is written directly to the backup media. The overall backup performance of VADP Proxy will be defined by the slowest component in the entire backup data path. These components are:

VADP transport mode used

VADP Proxy system resources such as the CPU, internal bus, and RAM.

VADP snapshot creation time.

Thank you

Shivakiran

5 Posts

September 20th, 2012 06:00

Thanks,thats was useful , but still doesnt work .

When i install networker 7.6 SP2 software in the proxy VADP, it creates a VDDK folder on /programfiles/legato/nsr/plugins/VDDK

Should i install the VDDK 5.01 on that directory?, if i install it with the default path, VDDK is intalled on /programfiles(x86)/legato/nsr/plugins/VDDK and nothing is overwritten

I tried install VDDK 5.0.1 and overwrite the libraries that networker 7.6 SP2 installed too, but also didnt work.

thanks for help!

-------------------------------------

Is there an answer to this somewhere?

1 Message

November 15th, 2013 09:00

Hi,

I am sure you must have resolved the issue.... However; We faced the same issue when we performed a VM Backup (exsi 4.1). The following article from VMWare addresses this issue... worked for us.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1007969

Samir

No Events found!