Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2014 16:00

How to add NetApp as NAS device in Networker 8.2

In Networker 8.2 add client wizard for NAS device there is a prompt for management credentials which is mandatory.  What do i put here if i'm adding a NetApp filer running 8.1 7-mode?  Tried root, ndmp account.  Getting error Connection to NAS device failed. 

2 Intern

• 

2.1K Posts

August 20th, 2014 19:00

Which error you got? Is your Networker server able to connect to the NAS device with name resolution? If now, you need to make some changes in HOSTS

August 20th, 2014 20:00

I can add the same filer as a ndmp client and do a backup and restore.  My question was when adding it as a NAS device what do i put in the management credentials field if I don't have a management station? 

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

August 23rd, 2014 00:00

Put user which should have enough rights for snapshot management.  From what you said, you already tried that (unless some of those had role restrictions).

268 Posts

August 25th, 2014 03:00

If operators without 'root' privilege on the NetApp are carrying out tape backup operations through NetWorker/NDMP, make sure they have a user administration account on the NetApp.

a) If the operator does not have a user administration account on the NetApp, enter the following command:

useradmin useradd username

b) If you want to know the NetApp-generated NDMP-specific password, enter the following command:

ndmpd password username

Use this user name and password to connect to the NetApp to carry out NDMP backup and restore operations.

August 25th, 2014 08:00

Prajith, i tested using the ontap root account.  8.1.2 7-mode.  Is root account allowed?  As i stated previously I was able to add as a NDMP client.  Are there any logs i can look at?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

August 25th, 2014 17:00

Normally, using root account goes against best practice.  Instead, create backup account on NA (backup role should be enough) and add it to NW (use hashed password when adding password in NW).

October 1st, 2014 14:00

I was able to add the finally add the NetApp host as NAS device.  Had to add the path to the netapp sdk library in system path variable.  But trying to do a snapshot rollover getting the following error

/vol/blahblah: Backup of [/vol/blahblah] failed

42960:nsrnassnap:Add /vol/blahblah 1412199464 0

92347:nsrnassnap:***************** Snapshot Management operation has started, logging to "C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\logs\nwnassnap.raw" *****************Internal Error: do not have snapshot path on device

I see the snapshot is taken successfully in netapp console.  EMCDP-XXXXXX. 

54 Posts

October 20th, 2014 03:00

Hi,

Am facing the same issue while adding the Netapp device as a client.

Netapp.jpg

From the attached / above picture, what will go into the management name and file server credentials ? How and where did you add the path to the Netapp SDK library to system path variable ? I have the NDMP Credentials ready but only waiting on adding the Management credentials and File server credentials.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Taz~

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 29th, 2014 09:00

have you got this Guide ?

NetWorker Snapshot Management for NAS Devices Integration Guide.pdf

From https://support.emc.com/products/1095_NetWorker/Documentation

No Events found!