Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

January 11th, 2016 08:00

How to change the pool for a group

I am sort of new to Networker 8.2 and I need to change the pool that one of my groups is using,

We have Daily, Weekly and Monthly groups and my Daily AND Weekly jobs are writing to the same Daily pool,

I need to change it so the Weekly job writes to the existing Weekly pool tapes that it exist and I have plenty of empty tapes.

The GUI is pointing to the Weekly pool but still using the Daily tapes, How can i fix this issue??

Thanks.

2.4K Posts

January 11th, 2016 11:00

You need to open the pool resource and to select/change the specific group(s) appropriately.

Also make sure that no other selection criteria for this pool (client, saveset & level) not be used as well.

January 12th, 2016 04:00

I hope in Group GUI its pointing to Weekly pool

Right click on Daily Pool and select Properties then remove the groups from data source

Right click Weekly pool and elect Properties then add the groups in  data source

Capture.JPG.jpg

January 12th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

You can set the savegroup association with pool in two way -

a) nsaradmin command line:

You can query any pool details from your backup server using below command -

nsradmin> . type:NSR pool;name:Remote Max 2 Weeks

Current query set

nsradmin> pr

type: NSR pool;

name: Remote Max 2 Weeks;

comment: ;

enabled: Yes;

pool type: Backup;

label template: DDBOOST;

retention policy: ;

groups: TEST_BIGASM_FILE, c1st_APL_MYAPP, c2st_APL_WIN

clients: ;

save sets: ;

levels: ;

devices: ;

store index entries: Yes;

auto media verify: No;

Recycle to other pools: No;

Recycle from other pools: No;

media type required: ;

volume type preference: ;

max parallelism: 0;

mount class: default;

WORM pool: No;

create DLTWORM: No;

barcode prefix: ;

recycle start: ;

recycle interval: "24:00";

max volumes to recycle: 200;

Now after select proper pool you can either update or append your group name -

Appened will just add the new group in exisiting configuration.

nsradmin> appened groups:

Update will remove the exisiting group list and add this new one.

nsradmin> update groups:

a) NMC GUI:

In media tab of NMC expand Media pool and select the pool you want to modify. By right clicking on propeties, you can select and deselect the group with this Pool.

temp.png

14 Posts

I have checked the Pool resources and I think it is correct as each pool is pointing to the correct group and schedule,

meaning if I look at the Daily pool it only has the Daily group listed and on the Weekly Pool only see the Weekly group.

I am not sure exactly what you mean on your second line thought . . .

14 Posts

As I mentioned on my previous post to bingo, the GUI is pointing to the right stuff, (daily to Daily - Weekly to weekly) that is why I don't know how else to fix this, I am thinking that somehow this is inheriting the same pool because when it was created, the daily was used to create a "copy" of the pool to create the weekly pool???

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this one . .

14 Posts

January 13th, 2016 06:00

Thanks for your reply.

I double checked the GUI and I have the correct pools indicated in each group just like you have it in your snap shot.

on the CLI, I pretty much saw the same results that the GUI has pointing to the correct pool just like the GUI has it but the Daily pool still being used and NOT the Weekly as it should.

14.3K Posts

January 13th, 2016 10:00

Can you create tarball of your nsrdb folder and attach it here.  We can then check your config and see what might cause it.

14 Posts

January 13th, 2016 11:00

Hhmm, not sure if I can do that because of HIPAA restrictions . . .

2.4K Posts

January 13th, 2016 14:00

We really need some more information to help you.

Which save streams are using the wrong pool?

- "data"

- index    and/or

- bootstrap

January 14th, 2016 02:00

There is association of pool with client resource also and association of device also with pool. So if you are assigning some pool to client config then that will get more priority than group pool. Please have a look on these two association - I) client->Pool II) Pool-> device

If you are not able to still found any clue please attach this below resource details -
i) NSR Client info for any of the affected client

ii) NSR group info for any of the affected group

iii) NSR pool info for both daily and weekly pool

iv) Storage node and Device details for the affected client

14 Posts

January 14th, 2016 03:00

If this is something I need to do in the CLI, would you mind giving me the complete commands I need to run? I am clueless when it comes to the command line  . .

14 Posts

January 14th, 2016 03:00

You got me on this one bingo . .  How can I figure out this info to give it to you?

14.3K Posts

January 14th, 2016 04:00

Iknowit101 wrote:

Hhmm, not sure if I can do that because of HIPAA restrictions . . .

HIPAA restrictions are not related to NetWorker configuration.  What you configured in NW has nothing to do with patients.

14 Posts

January 14th, 2016 04:00

Ok, so here we go, attached is my nsrdb zip, I hope this can be resolved!

Thanks is advance to all you guys that have taken the time to review this and help me.

1 Attachment

14 Posts

January 14th, 2016 05:00

We may be on to something here,

Checking the clients per "Shubhadip_data" post, I see the following:

All my clients (8) belong to the three pools: Daily Pool, Weekly Pool and Monthly Pool

in the "Group" column I have the same three groups listed: Daily Pool, Weekly Pool and Monthly Pool

The Schedule column shows: Daily Incr+Weekly Full?

Questions:

Does the groups take any precedence since they are all listed in the same order as mentioned above? Daly, Weekly and Monthly

I was thinking that the reason for the groups pulling the wrong pool tapes was due to the fact that when the groups and pools were created, the daily was the first one than used to "make a copy" to create the weekly and monthly pools and groups.

I know that Networker relies a lot on those ID numbers that assign to everything and they may be embedded somewhere that I am not seeing?

No Events found!