Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

January 11th, 2016 08:00

How to change the pool for a group

I am sort of new to Networker 8.2 and I need to change the pool that one of my groups is using,

We have Daily, Weekly and Monthly groups and my Daily AND Weekly jobs are writing to the same Daily pool,

I need to change it so the Weekly job writes to the existing Weekly pool tapes that it exist and I have plenty of empty tapes.

The GUI is pointing to the Weekly pool but still using the Daily tapes, How can i fix this issue??

Thanks.

14 Posts

January 14th, 2016 06:00

Great, I hope that is it man! I will make the changes and will update you guys once I have an answer after the weekend job runs.

One more thing, how do I get to the client resources in the GUI to make the necessary changes?

You guys rock! I really appreciate your help on this.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 14th, 2016 06:00

I did a quick check.  I checked group HSL Pool Weekly and inside I checked clients named... well it doesn't matter how it is called.  What matter is that your clients are part of Daily and Weekly group which is fine, but in client resource you also set pool to be Hsl-Daily.  Remove that!  Create dependency for pool only by assigning groups to pools (which I think you already have so only removing pool from client resources should do the trick).

2.4K Posts

January 14th, 2016 07:00

To verify the pools the data ended up, just run the following command for one of the clients and post the output:

mminfo -q "client= ,savetime>=-1days" -r "client,name,level,savetime,pool"

This will show you where the data backups go to.

For index and bootstrap save set, modify the command as follows:

mminfo -q "client= ,savetime>=-1days" -r "client,name,level,savetime,pool"

If the output is too long, filter for "bootstrap" & "index: " .

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 14th, 2016 12:00

Open NMC, connect to server, go to configuration tab, in left pane expand groups then select your weekly group.  In right pane you will get list of client.  From here you can select each individually for properties and change value or you can select in view column for pool to be shown and then you can change it one go for all clients in that group.

No Events found!