Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2013 01:00

How to stop browse session?

How to stop browse session in NMC?

My client that executed the browse session hanged, and had to restart it. After that, in NMC I can see that he is still browsing, and in fact and obviously he is not. How can I remove this from NMC browse sessions windows without restarting NetWorker?

I am using NetWorker 8.0 SP1.browse session.jpg

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

February 4th, 2013 02:00

Unless there is network connection which is kept alive (can be verified via netstat for example), then restarting NW is the only way out.  I have seen this few times myself, but never to go on forever (well, I did in older version) and these are harmless so unless you don't like them for specific reason, you can just ignore it.

1.7K Posts

February 4th, 2013 05:00

Hi Zlatko,

As Hrvoje said this is not harmful, but please note that you will also see those "browsing sessions" when Oracle backups are running and if RMAN initiated backups are launched, Oracle will run the cross-check, so during the cross-check operations (Oracle trying to verify that the data in NW is consistent) the browsing sessions will also appear. This depends on how Oracle is configured.

Thank you.

Carlos.

18 Posts

February 21st, 2013 00:00

Hi Carlos

I am experiencing the same issue with SAP, but my browse sessions just stay there. I have sessions that are now 4 days old, after the server was restarted.

This is on NW 8.0.0.7

NMSAP 4.2

Thanks

Kobus

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

February 21st, 2013 00:00

Server and client are on the same version?

18 Posts

February 21st, 2013 01:00

All on 8.0.0.7 yes.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

February 21st, 2013 02:00

I assume you just went from something to 8.0.0.7 right?  Since I do not use nw8 yet, I will remain in guessing land here, but few hints/questions:

- is this true for all SAP sessions? is it only SAP?

- existence of these is related to jobdb to my knowledge - which has changed in nw8.  This, if I'm right, indicates certain incompatibility between either jobdb and streams by NMSAP where fix can be on either of the sides

- another possibility is that you have retention for jobdb lower than your stream runs thus it is left there in limbo state (I doubt this is possible)

I suspect jobdb and NMSAP 4.2 having wrong handshake (if this is the case only with SAP) so most likely you will need ticket to get patch (and most likely one might already exist).

18 Posts

February 24th, 2013 23:00

Something that I've noticed is that it only stays for 5 days.

There is a SR open, I will update once I have any feedback from them.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

February 25th, 2013 05:00

- Is perhaps your jobdb retention 5 days?

- do you also see sessions in netstat output (should be visible via lsof too)

18 Posts

February 25th, 2013 05:00

Jobsdb retention is set for 3 days.

I couldn't check netstat, as I not on-site anymore.

I will ask the customer to check for me.

Regards

Kobus Strydom

+27 71 680 8142

October 26th, 2015 06:00

Hi Kobus,

has that ever been resolved? I'm seeing the same issue in NetWorker 8.2.1.4, with different browsing sessions that remain in the monitoring browse sessions visable up to 4 days (JobsDB Retention=168).

How about the SR you mentioned - what was the summary there?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Sandra

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 26th, 2015 16:00

I had 8.2.1.4, but I never this issue (on Linux).  Perhaps is platform specific.  I also use much lower retention of job DB (72). Check on server side (or/and client) with netstat -a if you still see network connection between server and client for which you see browsing session.

No Events found!