Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 20th, 2010 04:00

How to use Modules for Microsoft Applications....

Hello list,

the customer I work for has bought some "Modules for MS Apps" licenses. Previous we used temp licenses to backup SQL and EXC backups. After entering the new licenses and removing the temp ones, I can't start a SQL backup:

XBSA-1.0.1 LNMs_2008.Build.299 7056 Tue Jul 20 12:47:07 2010 _nwbsa_is_retryable_error: received a network error (Severity 5 Number 12): Too many clients for license type  NetWorker Module for Microsoft SQL Server.  Maximum is 0

What do I have to install/change to be able to backup again?

And yes, this is probably a dumb question, but I've never used Modules for MS Apps before...

Thanks, regards, Edgar.

123 Posts

July 20th, 2010 05:00

Also make sure you have entered the proper backup command (nsrsnap_vss_save).  Then only it will pickup the NMM licenses.

Arun

123 Posts

July 20th, 2010 05:00

Hi Edgar,

Looks like the clients are looking for the old temp licenses. Just try restarting the Networker services. This will allow the clients release the old licenses and picks up the new ones.

Arun

July 20th, 2010 06:00

Hello Edgar,

Two points to consider:

1.- Are you still using NMSQL?

2.- you can have NMM and, on top of NMM you can install NMSQL, but you will need 2 licenses, one for NMSQL and another for NMM

If you are not using NMSQL, XBSA messages is not longer used, as NMM creates a log called nnn.raw within /nsr/applogs

Also, as Daniel said, you have to change the backup command to nsrsnap_vss_save and also set, in the Application informaiton you have to add:

NSR_SNAP_TYPE=vss

Now, if you have both NMM and NMSQL my sugestion should be:

1.- Restart, in the client side Networker Services, including "Repliction Manager for PS Agent"

2.- Stop NW services on the server and delete /nsr/tmp

3.- Start services again.

This should solve the issue with the license but remember, you will need to use 2 licenses in case you want to use both, NMM and NMSQL:

One for NMM and another one for NMSQL

Thanks.

Carlos.

36 Posts

July 27th, 2010 11:00

Hello Edgar

With specific to your question about NMM, I have attached a document (MS word format) that may help you to understand NMM better. In particular it lists the difference between NME and NMSQL vis -a- vis NMM.

Thanks

1 Attachment

No Events found!