Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2016 20:00

I am getting the error "the autochanger is disabled" on my networker 7.6

I have a networker 7.6 configured on a windows 2003 server.

After the reboot of the server I am getting following error when I try to reset the library.

I am getting following error "auto change been disabled" also the service nsrlcpd serviceis no running.

Also I am not seeing any tapes on the console.

Also my library status is no. Also my library has no free slots. Even the tape drives are filled. Need help guys

Also where can i find the SCSI id on a windows 2003 server so as to compare the SCSI id between networker and the server.

Please help.

445 Posts

March 2nd, 2016 04:00

NetWorkerhelp,

You should be able to see the scsi address in the control port variable of the jukebox resource in NMC.

You can compare this with inquire command output and using sjirdtag b.t.l address to see what the contents are.

If all the slots have tapes in and drives also have tapes jukebox will not transition to ready status as library complains about this situation itself – you must have slots available for tapes to be unloaded to from the drives.

While reboot was happening – did you manually change library contents vis door etc?

Regards,

Bill Mason

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2016 09:00

I suspect your control port might have changed.  Check it with nsrjb -V and compare if this is the same as reported with inquire command.  This might be typical mismatch if using non-persistent mechanism of device addressing.

No Events found!