Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2009 06:00

Installing Networker client on Ubuntu Linux

Hi there,

We have a workstation that running Ubuntu Linux, I have to backup this workstation using Networker.
I have o expperience with Linux, would you please show me the steps to install networker client on the Ubuntu Linux.

The backup server running Windows 2003 SP3, networker 7.4.4

Thank you so much

244 Posts

July 30th, 2009 09:00

One method is to copy client files from other RPM based linux to Ubuntu. There are some postininstall scripts which are executed after normal RPM installation. The second method is to put client installation RPM on Ubuntu host and run from console mc (Midnight Commander). mc is a "norton commander" looks like tool. Go to the folder where the rpm with client binaries is located, point to this rpm file and hit . MC got something which is called rpmfs (or something like this). So you can browse rpm like a regular folder. Copy all binaries to the location which you will see in the rpm file (some files will go to /usr/bin some of them to /usr/sbin and other to /usr/lib). Then find inside the RPM directory with scripts (there should be files called POSTIN, POSTUNIN, PREINST, PREUNINST etc.). Have a look at them. POSTINST is a post installation script. Copy it to your prefered location on disk and run.
Third method is to install rpm for ubuntu and install client binaries in regular way.

79 Posts

August 12th, 2009 12:00

Keep one thing on mind: Ubuntu isn't supported by Networker.
Regards

15 Posts

February 20th, 2014 11:00

Ubuntu is supported on Networker 8.1.1

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

February 20th, 2014 17:00

suggest upgrading to Networker 7.6 first and then 8.0 or 8.1  as 8.0 and 8.1 can support Ubuntu 10 and above.

For the installation steps, please check NetWorker 8 Installation Guide.

EMC will only officially support Networker 8.0 and above from next month.

No Events found!