Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

LA

April 20th, 2010 00:00

Issue with discovering Tape drives on storage node

Hello everyone,

I'm having some issue with scanning devices on Solairs Storage node.

We have already installed the Storage node required packages, LGTOclnt, LGTOnode.

We have already assigned three shared tape drives from the CDL to the Storage Node and the Networker Server (7.5.1).

I can see the three tape drives on the Networker Server and the Storage node when issuing .. and I can see them under /dev/rmt ...

When I go to the Networker console, and scan the devices .. I would get that the scanning ended with one failure, and I would get the message "Detection process for host report nsrmon failed. Invalid request or hostname: Errno 1."

I have already checked the EMC solution esg100679 which mentions something about hostname resolving, but I can resolve the hostnames of both the Storage node and the Networker Server ...

Any idea what could be the problem ? any suggestions ?

24 Posts

April 20th, 2010 05:00

Hi

Have you installed the same client & storage node version as that of backup server. If not try making both client & backup server of the same version. This may resolve the issue.

Regards

Dinesh Sakhuja

24 Posts

April 20th, 2010 06:00

With which user you have installed the Client & node software. As it is solaris you must install it with root priveleges.

Yes ... we did install it with root access ..

when I start the networker service on the storage node .. it starts normally .. and I would see nsrexecd running ...

Any other ideas ?

Actually I noticed that they are different .. after reinstalling the same version ... this error disappeared ...

But I'm having another issue right now ... I'm getting this error when scanning devices:

Media info: Detection process for host reports RPC error 347: authentication error Errno 943

Any idea ?

April 24th, 2010 23:00

I figured out what was the problem ..

There was something wrong going with the Networker GUI ... I had to configure the Tape drives using the command line:

That command configured the Tape drives pretty good ... and are functioning properly now.

Thanks for help

April 24th, 2010 23:00

The issue was related to Firewall ports being closed, as well as some Networker GUI not functioning properly .. case was resolved after using jbedit command ...

No Events found!