Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2013 10:00

Labeling multiple tapes via script

Hi,

We have a script that will relabel tapes once they are in a mode of recyclable.  We are using a VTL in a data domain device.  We relabel the tapes so the corresponding space will be freed up when the data domain clean job runs.

Currently, we are issuing an individual nsrjb command for each tape that needs to be relabeled. These commands run serially and depending on the number of tapes we need to relabel the script can run a long time.

I'd like to issue an nsrjb command that will initiate multiple relabels.  This can be accomplished by providing a slot range.  But, can it be done with a series of individual slots?  For instance if I want to issue one command to label the tapes in slots 100, 111 and 122, can it be done?  It's interesting that the NMC gui is capable of doing this.  But, I can't seem to find the corresponding syntax with nsrjb to accomplish it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

24 Posts

July 10th, 2013 11:00

It turns out you need to specify each individual slot with it's own -S argument.  In my example the nsrjb would look like this:

nsrjb -L -j juke001 -b Monthly -Y -S 100 -S 111 -S 122

This will allow the all tapes in the designated slots to be relabeled at the same time (assuming you have free tape drives)

No Events found!