Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

June 15th, 2018 03:00

Lan-Free Backup with Networker

Hello,

For one of my customer, I am currently evaluating various backup solution. Having worked with networker in the past, I wanted to see if it can offer certain capabilities my customer is looking for.

Unfortunately I cannot find any clear documentation on the network flow (ip/fc) that hapens during a backup. And even more, I would like to know if it is possible to configure networker to do Lan-Free backup where my setup would be similar to figure 1b:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour

Any idea where I could find the information ?

Thanks for your help

1 Message

June 18th, 2018 05:00

Hello Thomas,

You can use LAN free backup as defining your client as storage node in the backup environment.

This meaning is you will create your SAN devices ( physical tape library & drive , VTL ) on the client ( also storage node)

After this definition just your meta data will flow to backup server and all backup data will flow directly to backup storage over SAN.

Regards.

Fatih.

9 Posts

April 15th, 2021 09:00

"This meaning is you will create your SAN devices ( physical tape library & drive , VTL ) on the client ( also storage node)"

Merhaba Fatih,

Sadece Networker Server'ına erişimin varsa ve komut satırını kullanman gerekiyorsa, sistemin            lan-free olduğunu nasıl anlayablirsin?

No Events found!