Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 18th, 2012 05:00

Legato backup of cluster volume

Hi,

I have a Windows 2003 server running Legato server V 7.6.2.1 - build 638. I have a virtual machine called SRVCLUST which hosts a folder D:\DATA which is a cluster volume on a SAN. Below there are 2 physical servers SRVP1 and SRVP2 on which i have installed Legato V 7.6.2.1 - build 638 client. Depending on which server is up and running, SRVCLUST corresponds with SRVP1 or with SRVP2. I have defined 3 legato clients SRVCLUST, SRVP1 and SRVP2 and I have tried to backup D:\DATA on each of them but that fails with the message: "Probe job had unrecoverable failures. this job is being abandonned".

Is it anyhow possible to backup such a cluster volume in this way ? If not, is there another way ?

Rgds,

Johan

79 Posts

January 18th, 2012 07:00

Hi Johan,

Please refer Networker Admin guide. Chapter 19 Cluster Support page 419 for more details.

Thanks & Regards

Panwar

79 Posts

January 18th, 2012 07:00

Hi Johan,

Please configure backup of D:\Data on the Client SRVCLUST, Make sure that ping, name resolution and rpcinfo works fine and Also update the aliases of the client properly.

Thanks & Regards

Panwar

57 Posts

January 18th, 2012 22:00

To backup the clustered client resources, it is best to backup the local disk and system savesets. Backup the shared disk using the virtual client resource.

if you would like ot backup all the data from the physical nodes using the saveset ALL, create a zero byte file pathownerignore under the \bin directory on both the physical nodes. ( This may result in duplicate backups). For the virtual client instance, in the remote access either have SYSTEM@nod for each physical node or else *@*. e

For the virtual node have save -c virtual_client_name to force the indexes under the virtual name.

100 Posts

January 19th, 2012 00:00

Not easy .....

I now first try to backup the save set /vol/vol1/DATADRIVE.LUN. This is a LUN on a NETAPP. But when i do this, i get the message "nsrndmp_save: "Failed to connect to port 10000 at host. An existing connection was forcibly closed. Couldn't connect to service. Not able to connect or authorize the client."

I tried as well: telnet NETAPPSRV 10000 and this fails.....

The iSCSI connections are defined, The firewall settings on the Legato servers are defined. Can I open port 10000 voa na_admin or via another way ?

Rgds,

Johan

100 Posts

January 19th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

I retried to make a backup using the frist method backing up the saveset D:\DATA. That works now. In the 3 clients SRVP1, SRVP2 and SRVCLUST, i have specified *@* in the remote access list. But when i launch a restore using th GUI on the SRVCLUST from the source SRVCLUST to destination SRVCLUST, it tells me:

winworkr: Permision denied: Administrator does not have the "Remote Access All Clients' privilige to perform remote revover.

Even when i add administrator/password in the fields Remote User and password..... it still does not want to restore....

Do I miss something ,

Rgds,

Johan

57 Posts

January 19th, 2012 01:00

from the networker server CLI run the following command and try to recover

nsraddadmin -u *@*

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 20th, 2012 07:00

It is strange you can't connect to port 10000 (unless blocked by network), but you may wish to check if ndmpd is running on filer in the first place.

No Events found!