Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 18th, 2011 05:00

Lotus Notes incremental backups with NMDA - transaction logs to different pool ?

Hi,

anyone knows a way to have Networker write to a separate pool/device for backing up the Transaction logs ? I have been looking at all the NMDA-parameters, but can't find anything that would help me achieve what I want.

Let me explain a little further:

We noticed that when doing Incremental Lotus Notes backups , the backup consists of two types of data:

First we have the changed DB-data files and then the transactionlogs. We noticed that the actual data-files dedupe very well to our DataDomain devices, but the transaction-logs have a very poor dedupe-ratio. We would prefer to write the data-file part to our DataDomain, but to write the TX-logs immediately to another type of storage (plain AFTD or VTL or ..., as long if it is not our expensive dedupe-storage).

For now we write everything towards DD-devices and stage the TX-logs afterwards towards other storage.

TIA,

Marc Van den Eynden

334 Posts

November 21st, 2011 17:00

Hi Marc,

I'll send it over for you.  For future reference, if you have access to Powerlink- the form is located here.

Thanks!

Allan

334 Posts

November 18th, 2011 08:00

Hi Marc,

Separating them out cannot be done at this time. Sounds like a good RFE though.  Is this a mail server?  How big are the logs? (just curious)..

Allan

9 Posts

November 21st, 2011 01:00

Hi Allan,

Yes, the servers are primarely mail-servers, TX-log-savesets are each 655 MB (10 logs in each). And we have several thousands of them...

So if not possible today, how do I submit this as a RFE ?

Marc

No Events found!