Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

7 Posts

November 8th, 2021 04:00

MNC console cannot loggin - NetWorker 19.5

Hello,

I have NetWorker 19.5 and I'm trying to connect to MNC console java give me these logs and problems:

net.sourceforge.jnlp.LaunchException: Fatal: Initialization Error: Could not initialize application. The application has not been initialized, for more information execute javaws from the command line.
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher.createApplication(Launcher.java:587)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher.launchApplication(Launcher.java:372)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher.access$200(Launcher.java:70)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher$TgThread.run(Launcher.java:654)
Caused by: net.sourceforge.jnlp.LaunchException: Fatal: Application Error: Cannot grant permissions to unsigned jars. Application requested security permissions, but jars are not signed.
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.classloader.SecurityDelegateImpl.getClassLoaderSecurity(SecurityDelegateImpl.java:102)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.classloader.JNLPClassLoader.setSecurity(JNLPClassLoader.java:387)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.classloader.JNLPClassLoader.initializeResources(JNLPClassLoader.java:772)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.classloader.JNLPClassLoader. (JNLPClassLoader.java:350)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.classloader.JNLPClassLoader.createInstance(JNLPClassLoader.java:423)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.classloader.JNLPClassLoader.getInstance(JNLPClassLoader.java:495)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.classloader.JNLPClassLoader.getInstance(JNLPClassLoader.java:468)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher.createApplication(Launcher.java:579)
... 3 more

Please help with this problem..

Best regards

Ptaszol

2.4K Posts

November 10th, 2021 07:00

Just a guess - did you install the NRE software at all?

November 11th, 2021 05:00

using NRE, the dell supplied java runtime (most current version 8.0.10) makes life much easier as it no longer uses a regular java, but a version that specifically supports the more recent nw versions. so no longer trail and error with too low or too high java versions. simply use NRE (not only on the nw servers for nw server itself but the windows NRE version in case you connect from a windows host to the nmc).

Also you could start using the NWUI (needs seperate package installed on nw server) to connect to the html5 interface of newer nw versions. however I find it still too limited. with nw19.x many of the features offered by nmc are supported, but nmc is easier to use as it has configurable columns that you wanna see whereas NWUI is very much paginated (click,next, click, next, click) and only has fixed columns it shows, so no easy/simple overview of various settings that can be compared.

7 Posts

November 15th, 2021 00:00

Hello

Thank you for your advice but I still have a problem.

This is a NetWorker 19.5 from the appliance (ova files). I'm upgrading nre environment. It was 8.0.6 - now is 8.0.10. Also, I installed nre 8.0.10 on windows host. When I tried run nmc consol and I saw an error:

spec="1.0+"
codebase="https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000"
href="/gconsole.jnlp?">

-g
-p
gconsole
-i
false
-s
X_NO_SERVER_X
-P
X_NO_SERVER_PORT_X
-t
X_NO_TASK_X
-h
-n
-b
-A
-d
-a
X_NO_AUTH_X
-m
X_NO_ISSUER_X

NetWorker Management Console on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries
https://www.emc.com"/>
NetWorker Management Console

2.4K Posts

November 16th, 2021 03:00

I am afraid that nobody except support will be able to help you - it seems as if you need a java expert.

November 16th, 2021 05:00

I don't see any error being reported? this seems output from the java console? not an error from a NMC console client connection?

As you upgraded NRE, you can also have a look to cleanup all downloaded java applets from within the java cache viewer underneath the NRE install directory using javacpl.exe.

So C:\Program Files\NRE\java\jre1.8.0_xxx\bin\javacpl.exe

No Events found!